+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa refusal

Sep 12, 2024
My study visa was refused stating 'The purpose of your visit is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application' and 'I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources to pay tuition fees for the program of studies that you intend to pursue and to pay for living expenses while in Canada.'
Please help advise me on what can I do now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My study visa was refused stating 'The purpose of your visit is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application' and 'I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources to pay tuition fees for the program of studies that you intend to pursue and to pay for living expenses while in Canada.'
What school and program? How much did you show in personal funds (cash) in the bank? If more than a 2 year program, did you explain where the funds are coming from.

Sep 12, 2024
I got admitted in Crandall University in Master of Management program, currently I have Bachelor Engineering degree only with 15yrs experience. Showed a fund of 72K Cad and 20K cad in GIC—source of income salary for which paysilps and bank statement provided.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got admitted in Crandall University in Master of Management program, currently I have Bachelor Engineering degree only with 15yrs experience. Showed a fund of 72K Cad and 20K cad in GIC—source of income salary for which paysilps and bank statement provided.
Order GCMS notes. So you were refused for two reasons - not consistent with temporary stay and funds.

You need to explain why you need to go to Crandall U (strange choice) for a Masters when you have 15 years experience. How will the program give you a higher paying job when you finish? So you need to justify the costs of a program that will cost you around $70-$80k. Assume you are over 30, so really need to show ties to return to home country with salary expectations and better job than you have now.

Funds - are you single? Bringing family. The $72k is cash in the bank. If single, using all your savings to study in Canada so need to really justify the costs. If PR is a goal, don’t count on it with current immigration plans. That may be a reason for refusal as you are using the program for immigration purposes.

Sep 12, 2024
The tuition fee for 2 yrs is 36K and I have already paid 1st year fee(18K). I have applied for a visa only for myself, though I am married with 1 child. I have justified everything on my application that this master's course will support my career to progress further, after completion I can apply for the Engineering Manager post in my country.
For the time being, I have requested GCMS notes. @Naturgrl you have any idea how much time is required for it? Applied from India.
@Naturgrl Why did you mention Crandall U is strange choice.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The tuition fee for 2 yrs is 36K and I have already paid 1st year fee(18K). I have applied for a visa only for myself, though I am married with 1 child. I have justified everything on my application that this master's course will support my career to progress further, after completion I can apply for the Engineering Manager post in my country.
For the time being, I have requested GCMS notes. @Naturgrl you have any idea how much time is required for it? Applied from India.
@Naturgrl Why did you mention Crandall U is strange choice.
Because Crandall is a private Christian college that is not well known. Always better to apply to a public DLI. So your spouse and child are not going to come to Canada at all? No intention for them to come with you or visit? No intention for you to immigrate because your profile “screams” trying to immigrate? IRCC probably thinks this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that your funds are insufficient to cover living and tuition costs in addition to possibly supporting your family. There is zero guarantee you will find employment when studying in Canada or be able to even cover your living expenses if you are able to secure PT employment.

Masters at these private universities need to be banned from international student program. Masters from private universities are becoming the most popular degree mill degrees.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

“UCW and Crandall are both for profit, private, degree mills, and their degrees are barely worth the paper they are printed on “

That “ degree “ isn’t going to help you when you return .

Does not make sense to spend all that money in another country on a worthless degree

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Copingwithlife @canuck78 my actual query was my study visa refusal and I am seeking advice, but both of you came to the University and the course, so please advise what I should do.
If the goal is to immigrate to Canada look at express entry or attend a public university masters course if you can find one you can afford. Studying in Canada is not a guaranteed pathways to permanent residency.

Sep 12, 2024
@canuck78 as per my age I am not eligible for express entry path, looking for a public university is a way might be. But with the current university selection, I may save some time if I can get it some time will be saved.