+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit with Child

lobo123

Jun 4, 2022
I am applying for study permit and want to take my child (2 years 5 months old) to Canada along with me . Should I apply for study permit or a visitor visa (under visitor visa-other) for my child? Can someone please guide me

If I should apply for visitor visa for my child,
1. What should I chose for “purpose of my visit” ?
2. For “how long you plan to stay” question can I mention the length of my study program (2 years)?
3. I will be showing the proof of funds for my child in my study permit application itself. So, what should I add for “funds available for my stay” question in the child’s visa form
4. Should I add my name for the question who will you be visiting? For the address, I do not have any address to add in the application right now. What should I do about it?
If I should apply for study permit
1. What should I fill in the details of intended study in Canada as my child does not have any acceptance letter
2. What should I upload under letter of acceptance
3. What should I add for duration of expected study
4. What should I add for the cost of tuition fee and the funds available for stay?

I am really confused about how I should approach. Any help with the above questions is greatly appreciated.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I am applying for study permit and want to take my child (2 years 5 months old) to Canada along with me . Should I apply for study permit or a visitor visa (under visitor visa-other) for my child? Can someone please guide me

2. For “how long you plan to stay” question can I mention the length of my study program (2 years)?
3. I will be showing the proof of funds for my child in my study permit application itself. So, what should I add for “funds available for my stay” question in the child’s visa form
4. Should I add my name for the question who will you be visiting? For the address, I do not have any address to add in the application right now. What should I do about it?
1. What should I fill in the details of intended study in Canada as my child does not have any acceptance letter
4. What should I add for the cost of tuition fee and the funds available for stay?

I am really confused about how I should approach. Any help with the above questions is greatly appreciated.
You can apply visitors visa for your child and your child will be issued with case 10 type that allow to stay over 6months and can be used to enrol to school. there are lots of questions, immi consultant should be able to guide you through the whole process, or try nearest vfs office

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Your family will need to show they have the extra funds to pay for 2 children in childcare which will add a significant amount to the amount of funds you need to show.