+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit via non SDS

lobo123

Jun 4, 2022
1. Is there a separate link to apply for study permit via non-SDS (applying from India)? How can I be sure that I am applying for general category/non-SDS? (Applying from India)
2. Can we do upfront medical while applying through non-SDS Or we have to wait until the medical request?
3. Does upfront medical decrease the processing time?
4. After applying, when do we get biometric request?

crimsonquill

May 25, 2022
The application checklist will these four conditions: have valid IELTS test results, have a GIC account, have your full first year fees paid. If you select no on any one of them, your application becomes a non SDS application. If not, you go through to the SDS portal.

Upfront medicals are recommended for non SDS applications and reduce processing time.

You'll receive the Biometric Instruction letter within 48 hours of your application.

Reactions: lobo123

lobo123

Jun 4, 2022
The application checklist will these four conditions: have valid IELTS test results, have a GIC account, have your full first year fees paid. If you select no on any one of them, your application becomes a non SDS application. If not, you go through to the SDS portal.

Upfront medicals are recommended for non SDS applications and reduce processing time.

You'll receive the Biometric Instruction letter within 48 hours of your application.
Thanks for your reply.

lobo123

Jun 4, 2022

Once the medical is done how long will it take to get the results to attach it to the application? Can you please let me know

Hackhan@17

Jun 21, 2022
Hi, I’ve passed my medical and already did biometric, what’s next I should be expecting on my application?

ramseriv

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Last update: Biometrics completed- May 9,2022

-processing background check
-reviewing elegibility requirements
-application in progress

It has over 6 weeks with the same status.

How long should I wait before deciding to apply for upfront medicals? My patience is getting shorter.

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
Last update: Biometrics completed- May 9,2022

-processing background check
-reviewing elegibility requirements
-application in progress

It has over 6 weeks with the same status.

How long should I wait before deciding to apply for upfront medicals? My patience is getting shorter.
Feel u bro, however, the processing time is now 12 weeks. Not much we can do. Enjoy your stay with ur friends while waiting for the best thing to come

ramseriv

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Feel u bro, however, the processing time is now 12 weeks. Not much we can do. Enjoy your stay with ur friends while waiting for the best thing to come
The problem is that I measure my processing time comparing it with recent updates of the people from my country, according to my maths, if I do not received a medical request in this or the next week, I should be worry. I have known two cases from here (May 4, and May 6) that received their medicals requests last week.

Reactions: LeeLe

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
The problem is that I measure my processing time comparing it with recent updates of the people from my country, according to my maths, if I do not received a medical request in this or the next week, I should be worry. I have known two cases from here (May 4, and May 6) that received their medicals requests last week.
Ikr, i am surfing some of the threads, likely they are processing on May applications. Mine is end of May so hopefully i am good for Sep intake. I dont want to defer.

May 23, 2022
Hi,

I got a document request for providing funding details for the entire stay etc. Even though i have mentioned absolutely everything and the costs covered are more than enough for my tuition fees and other expenses

Another section has been opened up "replacement needed"
Has anyone faced this issue ? Any suggestions ?

crimsonquill

May 25, 2022
Hi,

I got a document request for providing funding details for the entire stay etc. Even though i have mentioned absolutely everything and the costs covered are more than enough for my tuition fees and other expenses

Another section has been opened up "replacement needed"
Has anyone faced this issue ? Any suggestions ?
Did you go for the SDS route or non SDS? How much funds have you shown? Are they liquid funds, and does it cover all expenses for a year?