+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit taking a long time

kevin101

Jul 12, 2024
Hello, I will be a first-year student at a university in Quebec, I applied for my Study Visa on April 25th, 2024 (Online) and I have completed my biometric, however, it's too long to process I'm worried it will not be processed in time for my first day of school.

The current status is Submitted
Application status: "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
I also see my biometric information in the Applicant information

I heard people who applied the same way as me and in the same country/territory got their visa in about 1 month this year (they applied 2 weeks earlier than me)
I used the tool to check the process time but it showed "No processing time available" (Option selected: Temporary residence, study permit (outside Canada), Applied from Martinique)

What shall I do?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I will be a first-year student at a university in Quebec, I applied for my Study Visa on April 25th, 2024 (Online) and I have completed my biometric, however, it's too long to process I'm worried it will not be processed in time for my first day of school.

The current status is Submitted
Application status: "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
I also see my biometric information in the Applicant information

I heard people who applied the same way as me and in the same country/territory got their visa in about 1 month this year (they applied 2 weeks earlier than me)
I used the tool to check the process time but it showed "No processing time available" (Option selected: Temporary residence, study permit (outside Canada), Applied from Martinique)

What shall I do?
All you can do is wait.