+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Rejected Twice Due to Financial Proof – Can I Use Borrowed Money for the Third Application?

KlintN123

Jul 30, 2024
Hi everyone,

I've applied for a study permit to study in Canada twice, and both times my application has been rejected because the authorities believe I don't have sufficient funds. This is frustrating because my family does have the money, but it's tied up in fixed-term deposits that we can't access right now.

To address this issue for my third application, we borrowed the necessary funds from a friend. We intend to pay this money back as soon as my permit is accepted. My question is: do I need to disclose that the funds are borrowed? If I don't mention it, could my application be rejected again? Has anyone been in a similar situation, and how did you handle it?

Any advice or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I've applied for a study permit to study in Canada twice, and both times my application has been rejected because the authorities believe I don't have sufficient funds. This is frustrating because my family does have the money, but it's tied up in fixed-term deposits that we can't access right now.

To address this issue for my third application, we borrowed the necessary funds from a friend. We intend to pay this money back as soon as my permit is accepted. My question is: do I need to disclose that the funds are borrowed? If I don't mention it, could my application be rejected again? Has anyone been in a similar situation, and how did you handle it?

Any advice or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
IRCC wants to see cash in the bank. You need to say where the funds came from because IRCC has past files and a sudden infusion of cash raises red flags. Plus the money will have to be in your bank account over 4 months. So don’t lie.