+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused!!! Please help me!!!

Pjules

Jan 23, 2014
i applied for a study permit to canada, and they refused my application based on the following reasons!!
Puruant to sec 219 of the immigration and refugee protection act i am not satisfied that you:
1) have sufficient and available financial resources without working in canada to pay the tution fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue

You have not satsified me that you would leave canada at the end of your stay in reaching this decision, i considered several factors, including:
1) your travel history
2) your family ties in canada and in your country of residence
3) your personal assets and financial status
4) purpose of visit
i had used my father as my sponsor and included my savings too. and had asked for a study leave from my work place which they had granted me and put it in writing.

Please help me out,where did i go wrong. i want to correct my mistakes and be able to study in september.!!!

Pjules

Jan 23, 2014
i had put my savings account which had like $2000 and since my parents where my sponsors i had used my fathers savings,pension, nssf and titles which were like $65000. i also had not deposited any money on tution since the invoices are to be sent to me in march...please advise me on how i can make changes in the financial statements to present to cic when i reapply.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Titles mean nothing. As well as your father's pension. By the way did you mean cash flow of your father' pension which is enough to pay for your tuition, living cost as well as money left for your parents to live? Or you mean your family is so desperate to send you to Canada that your father rather do not have any pension?

To get a study permit you have to show AVAILABLE funds (not tied in titles and pension funds) enough for paying tuition and living cost, at least for the first semester and at the same time either enough savings in bank for the the whole duration of studying and living or available cash flows from reliable income (yours or parents) in the future.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Pjules said:
i applied for a study permit to canada, and they refused my application based on the following reasons!!
Puruant to sec 219 of the immigration and refugee protection act i am not satisfied that you:
1) have sufficient and available financial resources without working in canada to pay the tution fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue

You have not satsified me that you would leave canada at the end of your stay in reaching this decision, i considered several factors, including:
1) your travel history
2) your family ties in canada and in your country of residence
3) your personal assets and financial status
4) purpose of visit
i had used my father as my sponsor and included my savings too. and had asked for a study leave from my work place which they had granted me and put it in writing.

Please help me out,where did i go wrong. i want to correct my mistakes and be able to study in september.!!!
how much money did u show in bank altoegther? was it as per this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

shikaf

Jan 11, 2014
HELLO,
here is my case:
i submitted my application at 13 december for a study permit application and there is someone of my friend submit at 20 December

who admit on 20 December got refused at 11 January
and about me till now i still don't have any answer

from Beirut Lebanon

i contacted them about my application they said they r waiting the security checks results

can any one or any expert in dis experience tell me if am in good position or in bad position ? and my university got started at 6 January already
any idea? guys am tired of waiting its almost 42 days

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
God knows how you got an idea that you could apply for student permit only 3 weeks before the date of studies if an AVERAGE time of processing study permits for Lebanon is SEVEN weeks.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/beirut.asp

Security check is done not by VO but by CSIS. So nobody knows when it will be done.
Your desperation to get visa in such a short time could add some suspicions too.

Pjules

Jan 23, 2014
@regina thank you for the response it was really of help and i kind of noticed the mistakes i made, i wasnot going to use only the pension money, may be the mistake i made most of the money was in investments (fixed assets) like company shares, titles,pension compared to what was on the savings account. please advise me on the documents i am supposed to present for financial status to avoid making the samr mistakes, and would it be better if i reapply after paying like for the first semster?. thank you

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bank and investment statements. Also, investment should not be term investments. OR they may be but with terms not to far.

Shares are not FIXED. So they are not fixed assets. Fixed assets are buildings, vehicles, computers.
Anyways, you have to have available MONEY, not computers or vehicles you supposedly will be able to sell for who knows what price if ever.

Pjules

Jan 23, 2014
thank you very much @Regina. one more question what do they mean by'' purpose of study", if i apply for a study permit with my letter of acceptance isn't it good enough to show that my purpose is to study. Do i need to accompany it with a written document explaining why i want to go to canada for studies, and

i was told they are not sure i will return after studies. but i had submited a letter from my work place showing i will be given study leave for that period and after studies i come back and resume my work.

then "Family ties in your country of residence and canada" what do they mean by this?? (i am neither married nor have children but have a family that i care for) and in canada i have distant relatives on my stepmothers side, is it possible to use them as family ties in canada.

thank you

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
' purpose of study",
You should write them a letter explaining your situation at home, why you want to take that particular program and why ONLY in CANADA (not in Europe and not at home). It should also be in line with your previous education and past and current job. If you need it for future promotion at current job - prove it! The letter is called SOP (Statement of Purpose, and on this forum there are threads on it.)

Yes, they may know about your step-mother relatives in Canada.

have a family that i care for
Do you have siblings? If yes, then your family has somebody else by whom to be taken care , right?

Pjules

Jan 23, 2014
thank you, let me write my SOP. @regina is it possible to text it to you after and see whether its good enough.