+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refusal

silentforce12

Jan 22, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have bachelor of science in Petroleum Engineering from United States. I applied before for study permit and unfortunately my application was refused from CIC. I think my application was rejected because the applied program is a diploma (lower than bachelor) and different major from my bachelor (petroleum). I can't get acceptance for master because my GPA is low and it doesn't qualify me for master. Now, I want to apply again for a bachelor in the same major but technology not science. Is that a good idea? I need your suggestions guys and advise. I just contacted a lawyer to handle the application process but his fees is very expensive (1200 USD) which I don't have. Therefore, I need your help guys. I will be waiting your responses.

ramiloveless

Jan 5, 2019
Syria
Hi Guys,

I have bachelor of science in Petroleum Engineering from United States. I applied before for study permit and unfortunately my application was refused from CIC. I think my application was rejected because the applied program is a diploma (lower than bachelor) and different major from my bachelor (petroleum). I can't get acceptance for master because my GPA is low and it doesn't qualify me for master. Now, I want to apply again for a bachelor in the same major but technology not science. Is that a good idea? I need your suggestions guys and advise. I just contacted a lawyer to handle the application process but his fees is very expensive (1200 USD) which I don't have. Therefore, I need your help guys. I will be waiting your responses.
I suggest for you to study Postgraduate Certificate program, it is between bachelor and master furthermore it is short program (1 year) and of course the program you may choose it must be related to your major.

silentforce12

Jan 22, 2019
I suggest for you to study Postgraduate Certificate program, it is between bachelor and master furthermore it is short program (1 year) and of course the program you may choose it must be related to your major.
Thank you for your quick reply. Can you suggest to me a specific program that is close to my bachelor major (petroleum)? and what is the best university that I should go for?

ramiloveless

Jan 5, 2019
Syria
Thank you for your quick reply. Can you suggest to me a specific program that is close to my bachelor major (petroleum)? and what is the best university that I should go for?
I really tried to find a program related to your major but unfortunately I didn't find any program except "PETROLEUM ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY" offered by Northern Alberta Institute of Technology but this is a diploma "undergraduate".

Note: Only colleges offered this kind of programs and because you said your GPA is low so I didn't looking for university programs "Master" related to your previous education.

silentforce12

Jan 22, 2019
I really tried to find a program related to your major but unfortunately I didn't find any program except "PETROLEUM ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY" offered by Northern Alberta Institute of Technology but this is a diploma "undergraduate".

Note: Only colleges offered this kind of programs and because you said your GPA is low so I didn't looking for university programs "Master" related to your previous education.
Yes, I also searched a lot before but I didn't find any post graduate diploma related to petroleum field. I am thinking in applying for the program you mentioned and maybe I should send SOP (state of purpose) beside the application to increase the chance of getting visa. I know my chance is very low but maybe this is the best thing I can do right now. Do you know anyone who can help me write SOP? because I think it is better to let a professional person to write SOP

ramiloveless

Jan 5, 2019
Syria
Yes, I also searched a lot before but I didn't find any post graduate diploma related to petroleum field. I am thinking in applying for the program you mentioned and maybe I should send SOP (state of purpose) beside the application to increase the chance of getting visa. I know my chance is very low but maybe this is the best thing I can do right now. Do you know anyone who can help me write SOP? because I think it is better to let a professional person to write SOP
Sure it is better.
Sorry, I do not know ... maybe someone know and reblies soon.