+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Masters No Update

zak220

Jul 9, 2024
Hi,
I applied for Study Permit for Masters program in Waterloo along with 2 dependents (SOWP for my husband and TRV for my 2 year old child). My timeline is as follows:
Application Submission for all: 05/June/2024
Biometrics (self): 09/June/2024
Biometrics (spouse): 12/June/2024.

There is still no update regarding medical or other on our case. My course starts from September. Any one else applied on the same time frame facing similar issues or any update your received from IRCC? Should I raise a webform in this case?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I applied for Study Permit for Masters program in Waterloo along with 2 dependents (SOWP for my husband and TRV for my 2 year old child). My timeline is as follows:

There is still no update regarding medical or other on our case. My course starts from September. Any one else applied on the same time frame facing similar issues or any update your received from IRCC? Should I raise a webform in this case?
It is very common for processing to take months. You applied very late. There is a good chance you will need to defer. I would be talking to your university about the potential to start in January if necessary. What is your citizenship and where are you applying from?

Reactions: zak220

hakimovtohirbek

Dec 20, 2023
Hi,

Same situation, Biometrics submitted june 18, and upfront medical of student passed 27 june, no uptades for sowp

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Where did you apply form. It has only been a month. Prepare that all three applications are processed separately as each has different timelines and eligibility requirements. Assume you showed funds for 3 people. I hope you have secured daycare for your child.

zak220

Jul 9, 2024
Where did you apply form. It has only been a month. Prepare that all three applications are processed separately as each has different timelines and eligibility requirements. Assume you showed funds for 3 people. I hope you have secured daycare for your child.
Applied from Bangladesh. Showed 95,000CAD for 3, I also have full scholarship from the university. I did not book any daycare yet was hoping to look into it after getting the visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Applied from Bangladesh. Showed 95,000CAD for 3, I also have full scholarship from the university. I did not book any daycare yet was hoping to look into it after getting the visa.
I would look now. Waiting lists can be years long. People get on lists before a baby is born. At least call around and see if you can get on any lists without being in the country. And if for September, then you may be out of luck.

You can check processing times online for each type of permit. These are when most are processed by.

zak220

Jul 9, 2024
I would look now. Waiting lists can be years long. People get on lists before a baby is born. At least call around and see if you can get on any lists without being in the country. And if for September, then you may be out of luck.

You can check processing times online for each type of permit. These are when most are processed by.
A disheartening article about daycare in Waterloo. Over 9000 children under 4 on waitlists! Talk the daycare on campus and see if you can get a spot ASAP.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/child-care-waitlist-waterloo-region-1.7105021
'9000 on waitlist' is insane. I wasn't aware the situation is this bad. Now I have an added concern apart from getting the study permit on time lol. Thanks for the insight dear really appreciate it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
'9000 on waitlist' is insane. I wasn't aware the situation is this bad. Now I have an added concern apart from getting the study permit on time lol. Thanks for the insight dear really appreciate it.
U of W daycare has a waitlist so get on the Waterloo waitlist now. Assume you will have a car because you may not get to choose where child goes. Also may take a long time.

Reactions: zak220

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your spouse may need to be a stay at home parent at least for a while. Rental market can also can be difficult especially around fall term start date.

zak220

Jul 9, 2024
Your spouse may need to be a stay at home parent at least for a while. Rental market can also can be difficult especially around fall term start date.
Got the university family accommodation. Do you think sending a webform explaining my fast approaching course commencement date will help?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Got the university family accommodation. Do you think sending a webform explaining my fast approaching course commencement date will help?
You can send a webform. Many on this forum are waiting for a response for fall intake are in the same position as you. There are people on this forum in Masters programs that have been waiting for a decision since March and April, even for SDS. IRCC really doesn’t care that your intake is Fall.

It may or may not work. Plan that you may approval before spouse and child.

You were lucky to get family housing as usually there is a waitlist. What is your approved move in date?

Last edited:

hakimovtohirbek

Dec 20, 2023
Hi,

hakimovtohirbek

Dec 20, 2023
Hi,

Hello, did you receive any update ?

We applied for study permit master's with sowp too.

Here's our timeline:

• June 12: Application submission
  • June 18: Biometrics submission
  • June 27: Medical passed for the student (medical was upfront)
  • July 11 : Biometrics completed for both student and spouse
It's been 47 days since our application submission.