+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit funds question

Henson221

Apr 9, 2020
I'm a student trying to apply for a study permit for the Fall. However, I have a question. For a Canadian study permit do funds have to be in your account for a certain period of time (like how in the UK its 28days) or are there no time-limit restrictions on that? Thank you!

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
It is written on cic, u can get all info from there.

U need to show 4 months bank statement with at least 10K CAD + tuition fee (+ 4K CAD for each family member, whether u r taking any family member with u)

Henson221

Apr 9, 2020
thank you ive read that! however that ultimately doesnt answer my question. (additionally the 4 months need to show proof of funds not that amount the whole time, I double checked.)

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
thank you ive read that! however that ultimately doesnt answer my question. (additionally the 4 months need to show proof of funds not that amount the whole time, I double checked.)
What do you mean? By POF it is meant the certain amount in the account for a certain period of time which is 4 months in your case.

Your funds could be in ur account since 10 months back, ircc just need to see the last 4 months.

Last edited: