+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit for minor

Vineet112345

Feb 25, 2020
Hello,

I am applying for a work permit for myself and am including my 6 year old kid along with my application from outside Canada. Since she needs to study at a school in Canada my understanding is she needs to get a study permit. But while applying for a study permit its asking me to provide a letter of acceptance from a school in Canada which I don't have currently.

It would be a great help if anyone could suggest me in this situation how should I go ahead with applying for study permit for my minor child.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You don't need acceptance letter, you include a letter explaining the situation. If you google around or go through my post history I have posted the relevant libj before.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I am applying for a work permit for myself and am including my 6 year old kid along with my application from outside Canada. Since she needs to study at a school in Canada my understanding is she needs to get a study permit. But while applying for a study permit its asking me to provide a letter of acceptance from a school in Canada which I don't have currently.

It would be a great help if anyone could suggest me in this situation how should I go ahead with applying for study permit for my minor child.
Instead of a letter of acceptance, you just upload a sheet stating something like "accompanying parent on work permit".

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello,

See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-want-to-cancel-my-child’s-study-visa-and-apply-for-visitor-instead.668554/#post-8364365

NMM87

Mar 20, 2020
Greetings, I have a study permit and TRV for kids, but my daughter will turn 6 year before entering Canada? Do I need to apply her study permit? Plus am applying for Quebec so what to do with CAQ?