+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT EXTENTION PLEASE HELP

Despo

Dec 22, 2018
Hi

Am studying one year diploma in a private college in British Columbia, but now am going to switch my college to a public college that offers PGWP. But now am going to apply for a 2 year course but in my passport i have one year study permit and now only few months left in my visa .so is there any option to extend my student visa to 2 year with the Acceptence letter from college?

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
I assume youd have to apply again for a new visa, or perhaps extend. With evidence that you will be continuing school (2 year acceptance letter) you should be able to work something out.

If you start application process, you will have implied status until your study permit is accepted or denied.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
There is no study permit in your passport, that is the Visa (TRV).

TRV is only required to enter Canada and doesnt does to be valid to remain in Canada and you will need your SP first to extend the TRV.

The study permit is the letter you get at the airport immigration.

You need to apply for an extension before it expires with your new LOA or enrolment letter if you are studying already.
Apply 3 month or so before it expires.
Then you need to update your myCIC account with new DLI.
As long as you have applied for extension you are on implied status and have all rights as if you have a study permit.

Talk to your school advisor about applying for extension they will make sure you have all required docs.