+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit Extension

ADC

May 28, 2018
Hey,
So I applied for a study permit extension while I was in Canada, but I left the country on April25th. I am currently in Europe and I received an approval answer. A secure document has been mailed to me, but I have read that the secure document is only an authorization to remain in Canada and it is not valid to travel back or allow you to enter back in Canada. I have a few questions: Am I allowed anyway to enter Canada as a student although I was not in Canada when my study permit extension was approved? And since I have a connecting flight, basically I am flying to Rome, Italy first and then to Toronto, I am afraid they will not allow me to get to Canada since I can't prove them that my study permit was extended even if I show them the secure document. Any ideas on what should I do, whom I can contact or how can I get a sticker on my passport or any document that allows me to enter Canada? Thank you so much!

dovahkiin

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hey,
So I applied for a study permit extension while I was in Canada, but I left the country on April25th. I am currently in Europe and I received an approval answer. A secure document has been mailed to me, but I have read that the secure document is only an authorization to remain in Canada and it is not valid to travel back or allow you to enter back in Canada. I have a few questions: Am I allowed anyway to enter Canada as a student although I was not in Canada when my study permit extension was approved? And since I have a connecting flight, basically I am flying to Rome, Italy first and then to Toronto, I am afraid they will not allow me to get to Canada since I can't prove them that my study permit was extended even if I show them the secure document. Any ideas on what should I do, whom I can contact or how can I get a sticker on my passport or any document that allows me to enter Canada? Thank you so much!
Contact your country's consulate nearest to you.