+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Within Canada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi guys,

For everyone who applied and received your study permit extension in Canada, how long did it take to receive your visa?

Although the fall semester began already, I haven't received my study permit, which is causing me a lot of trouble. It took them exactly 69 days to process and finalize the application and I have to wait maximum 6 weeks more to receive the permit....? I hope this doesn't happen to me otherwise I have to give up taking the fall semester...

My application was processed in the visa office in Ottawa, and I live in Ontario. It shouldn't take so long to mail it to me since it's only 6hrs away by car! It's been at least 3 days since they sent it... Canada Post says that they take 3 days to deliver within thee province but apparently it isn't true... I'm worried.

Mickellemuj

Sep 6, 2017
I'm in a similar boat too. Given the Public holiday I've been told mine should arrive in the post by Friday.
I got my permit approved in August but for some unknown reason they messaged me my work permit not my study permit.. semester has begun and I have until Monday to receive the documents and enroll.