+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension - Required funds

Jay1782

Aug 16, 2014
Hello,

I need to extend my study permit. I just want to know how much funds should i keep in my account to provide proof of financial support?

Can anyone help me with this question?

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey ! plz let me knw when u know ... as i want to know as awell.....

thanks

OrcaBayVan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to show the 1 year minimum to be safe $10K.

and you should have either paid or show you can pay the remaining Tuition if any.

Are you applying for a new Study program / Institution or extending within the same Institution for an existing course of Study?

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
Hi there,

$1500 - $2000 should be enough. I've extended my study permit twice.

Jay1782 said:
Hello,

I need to extend my study permit. I just want to know how much funds should i keep in my account to provide proof of financial support?

Can anyone help me with this question?

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
Extensions are not as hard to qualify for - believe it;s $800 per months is the official requirement- but if you paid your tuition already - you can get by with a few thousand dollars/

Cheers!

Jay1782

Aug 16, 2014
vaishnavgowni said:
Hi there,

Thank you very much for your help. I have kept like 1700, but have not paid my fees entirely. Can that be an issue??

steyn007

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
I am going to extend my study permit for a new course in a new institution.
Will there will be any problem if i show 5000 cad as proof of funds?

Laulau

May 11, 2017
Extensions are not as hard to qualify for - believe it;s $800 per months is the official requirement- but if you paid your tuition already - you can get by with a few thousand dollars/

Cheers!
I am applying in another institution that is partner with the one I am currently in (they are at the same place also, ICM and UofM). But I don't need to pay the yearly tuition (just by semester) so it's more like a transfer...how much should I possess in my account? Thank you :)

Last edited:

Laulau

May 11, 2017
Hi there,

Does this apply to me too? I am transferring to the University of Manitoba from International College of Manitoba next semester. I am applying this month for a study permit and visa extension (the start of the semester)
My current tuition has already been paid and next semester, instead of the yearly tuition I just need to pay for the semester...
thank you.