+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension PGWP

Claire_zqymi

Dec 29, 2020
Hi all,
I have a question regarding the study permit extension.
My current study permit will expire on August 31st 2021, which is the same as date on which I will finish my study. As a result, I won’t get enough time to apply for PGWP because I won’t receive my final transcript until the end of September. I’m wondering if I can apply for study permit extension before my current study permit expires. I know I could apply for a visitor record. But I could not work if I’m not holding a study permit. So applying for a visitor record is not a good option for me.
So my question is if I could apply for study permit extension with an explanation letter saying that I need additional time to apply for PGWP. And if I’m able to do so, what’s the earliest time for me to apply for the SP extension so that I can get the extension before my study permit expires.
Thanks for help!!!

gkg99

Mar 2, 2022
Hi all,
I have a question regarding the study permit extension.
My current study permit will expire on August 31st 2021, which is the same as date on which I will finish my study. As a result, I won’t get enough time to apply for PGWP because I won’t receive my final transcript until the end of September. I’m wondering if I can apply for study permit extension before my current study permit expires. I know I could apply for a visitor record. But I could not work if I’m not holding a study permit. So applying for a visitor record is not a good option for me.
So my question is if I could apply for study permit extension with an explanation letter saying that I need additional time to apply for PGWP. And if I’m able to do so, what’s the earliest time for me to apply for the SP extension so that I can get the extension before my study permit expires.
Thanks for help!!!
Hi,
I am in the same situation.
How did you proceed ?
Any advice?
Thanks

j85doe

Jan 28, 2022
Hi, for PGWP application you will not need the final transcript, but you will only need a letter of completion from your institution.