+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Application: Changed programs, same school

likeapple95

Jun 27, 2024
Hey everybody,

I’m in Canada as a student, studying in a college A and my program is gonna be over this Friday.
I recently applied for my Study Permit extension, I’m moving to College B in September. I applied for a business program, but suddenly I got some new opportunities and I spoke to the college B, and I changed my program to Trades. My study permit extension was applied 1 month ago, so it’s still processing. As I requested to change to another program, but in the same college, do I need to inform IRCC before they give me the final decision, or wait and do it after? And if yes, how should I do that?

Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everybody,

I’m in Canada as a student, studying in a college A and my program is gonna be over this Friday.
I recently applied for my Study Permit extension, I’m moving to College B in September. I applied for a business program, but suddenly I got some new opportunities and I spoke to the college B, and I changed my program to Trades. My study permit extension was applied 1 month ago, so it’s still processing. As I requested to change to another program, but in the same college, do I need to inform IRCC before they give me the final decision, or wait and do it after? And if yes, how should I do that?

Thank you!
You should send a webform and attach new admission forms.