+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Expiring Can I still work Full time?

rick86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Hi

My study permit is expiring on 31st of March and I am going to finish my diploma on 20th March . I am going to apply for my post gradutate work permit before 31st march I wanna know can i work full time till my PGWP arrives?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rick86 said:
Hi

My study permit is expiring on 31st of March and I am going to finish my diploma on 20th March . I am going to apply for my post gradutate work permit before 31st march I wanna know can i work full time till my PGWP arrives?
well u cannot work full time till u apply for PGWP or its ur vacation time meaning summer sem has started and winter sem has officially ended. r u getting my point? there can be a time lag between u finish ur last course and ur college/university officially ends its winter semester. in that time lag u cannot work full time.

bhavin_business

Star Member
Sep 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But if you have applied PGWP based on transcript. You can work full time. Even if it is processing.

ferda

Mar 18, 2015
I believe you can work while the visa is processing - so long as you are not at any point out of visa status. There is a lot of information here about the visas in Canada cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=512&t=15 and you could take a look at the FAQs and the various issues discussed on this site. Should be straightforward to get the work permit so hopefully you won't have any problems.