+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit delay (Outside of canada)

DiegoJ357

Jun 21, 2024
Hi everyone, I'm a little worried, I've applied to study permit from outside of Canada on 22 March 2024, I've given mi biometrics on 27 March 2024, the last update that I've received in my application status tracker and IRCC profile was on 28 March 2024 biometrics complete, since that my background verification is in progress and my review of eligibility isn't start yet and I haven't received any update.

Is that normal? Is anyone in the same situation? What do you advise me to do? What do tou think about this?

atif ali

May 12, 2016
Hi everyone, I'm a little worried, I've applied to study permit from outside of Canada on 22 March 2024, I've given mi biometrics on 27 March 2024, the last update that I've received in my application status tracker and IRCC profile was on 28 March 2024 biometrics complete, since that my background verification is in progress and my review of eligibility isn't start yet and I haven't received any update.

Is that normal? Is anyone in the same situation? What do you advise me to do? What do tou think about this?
What is your visa office and what course your chose to study and which province?

Reactions: DiegoJ357

DiegoJ357

Jun 21, 2024
What is your visa office and what course your chose to study and which province?
I done my application online, well I'm from Colombia, I suppose that is Bogotá Office (Colombia office), i applied for Montreal, Québec, I will study one course of french 9 month duration.

ugabuga007

Jun 12, 2024

I don't know if it is normal or not, I am on the same boat as you. I applied on 25th May and biomatrics was done in 1st June, after that there is no update. Background check is going on :( I am going for Masters and I applied in SDS.

DiegoJ357

Jun 21, 2024
I don't know if it is normal or not, I am on the same boat as you. I applied on 25th May and biomatrics was done in 1st June, after that there is no update. Background check is going on :( I am going for Masters and I applied in SDS.
that is so stressful, I'm over 12 weeks and I don't have any updates, tell me if you receive something

Reactions: ugabuga007

baxiliusi

Jun 28, 2024
My application is on 9th April, same situation as you, and Webform multi times only can get " still in process", I checked a lot of information about this, seemed we can do nothing but wait.