+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Cancelled after AIP - Stage 1 Approval

shazaib80

Sep 18, 2020
Applied: 20th May
Biometrics: 3rd Aug
Medical Request: 8th Sep
AIP: 9th Sep

Somehow my biometrics were removed from the GCKey portal and my name was changed by itself on 9th Sep, the same day I got my AIP. I raised a webform to inform them about these. My application status was 'Cancelled' on 10th Sep. It said "Your application was cancelled. We will send you a message with details." But there has been no message in the Messages section nor an email.

It's been 10 days now and still no correspondence from IRCC. The application was being processed in Abu Dhabi office. Please help!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagan1992

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Are you absolutely sure that your account is not compromised? Either your GC account or the email linked with it. Something is fishy about this and some how some one screwed up with your application using your UCI and application # details. Have you shared AIP or other details to someone else?

Somehow my biometrics were removed from the GCKey portal and my name was changed by itself on 10th Sep. I raised a webform to inform them about these. My application status was 'Cancelled' on 10th Sep. It said "Your application was cancelled. We will send you a message with details." But there has been no message in the Messages section nor an email.

It's been 10 days now and still no correspondence from IRCC. The application was being processed in Abu Dhabi office. Please help!
No. My GCKey account is only with me.

shazaib80

Sep 18, 2020
Are you absolutely sure that your account is not compromised? Either your GC account or the email linked with it. Something is fishy about this and some how some one screwed up with your application using your UCI and application # details. Have you shared AIP or other details to someone else?
I didnt share any of my details with anyone as far as I remember. However I clicked on 'Add (link) your application to your account' and filled in my details to Search for my application. It returned me a new application with correct information. The new application had a different UCI and Application number and is in progress. It has no fees paid and no documents attached in Submitted documents section, thus, I am assuming they created a new one from the previous one.

shazaib80

Sep 18, 2020
A minor correction: My name was changed and biometrics removed the same day on which I got my AIP.

8th Sep: I had my medical request letter on my portal. Everything was fine, all the information on the portal was correct.
9th Sep: I got AIP letter on my portal, but the 'Applicant Name' was changed, and biometrics were removed.
19th Sep: I clicked on 'Add (link) your application to your account' and filled in my details. I got a new application on my portal with new UCI and Application Number. Biometrics are enrolled and the name is correct too.

Last edited:

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
That's confusing and weird and almost unheard of. Is your application name and the name given for biometric matches? Did you check your application and passport that the name matches with each other? Is this your first time application filing or have you filed it before?

shazaib80

Sep 18, 2020
That's confusing and weird and almost unheard of. Is your application name and the name given for biometric matches? Did you check your application and passport that the name matches with each other? Is this your first time application filing or have you filed it before?
This is my first application filing and all of my identity documents including Passport, social media, application documents have the same name. I have never used the name that my original one got changed to on my 'Principal Applicant' place.

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020

Somehow my biometrics were removed from the GCKey portal and my name was changed by itself on 9th Sep, the same day I got my AIP. I raised a webform to inform them about these. My application status was 'Cancelled' on 10th Sep. It said "Your application was cancelled. We will send you a message with details." But there has been no message in the Messages section nor an email.

Looks like your account was affected by the massive hacking attack that happened on the 15th of last month and as a result IRCC has cancelled all those affected accounts.

I'll recommend you to raise the webform and ask for the solution.

Reactions: jigzyy