+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit application refused or accepted?

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
hi,
I applied online for my study permit and i went to the Visa application centre to give my biometrics about 3 weeks ago. Today, I got a message on my account saying a decision has been made but it doesn't state what is the decision. They requested my passport, thats the message
"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application."

it also says the requirements of my visa,

"Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport"

Does that mean my application was accepted? there also was no letter of introduction on the account, which is confusing me of whether my application was accepted or not.

Thank you,
Zeid

destroyed92

Nov 24, 2013
Vadodara, Gujarat
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2014
Med's Request
Done
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted along with application
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected
LANDED..........
I give up on Canada!!
zm95 said:
hi,
I applied online for my study permit and i went to the Visa application centre to give my biometrics about 3 weeks ago. Today, I got a message on my account saying a decision has been made but it doesn't state what is the decision. They requested my passport, thats the message
"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We

"Passport requirements
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport"

Does that mean my application was accepted? there also was no letter of introduction on the account, which is confusing me of whether my application was accepted or not.

Thank you,
Zeid

Yes buddy it is accepted, strt packing. :)

nagendrab0

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
zm95 said:
hi,

"Passport requirements

Thank you,
Zeid
VISA is approved

Please go ahead and submit your passport at nearest VFS office.
After CHC receives your passport, they will update your online profile saying "APPROVED"
and then dispatch the passport in 2 to 5 days.

They will send you the (LOI) Letter of Introduction with your Passport and POE Introduction letter through My CIC account.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
The embassy called me and they told me "you either can submit it to the Visa application centre or directly to the Canadian embassy in person. The lady told me they can directly process my application while i'm there and add the visa. Is it true? Its because i live in a different town and its very hard for me to get to the VAC and the embassy. This is all in Jordan. Last year I applied in france and it took them about a week to process my passport.

nagendrab0

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
zm95 said:
The embassy called me and they told me "you either can submit it to the Visa application centre or directly to the Canadian embassy in person. The lady told me they can directly process my application while i'm there and add the visa. Is it true? Its because i live in a different town and its very hard for me to get to the VAC and the embassy. This is all in Jordan. Last year I applied in france and it took them about a week to process my passport.
Call VFS or Embassy for mailing address to submit your original passport and courier your passport from your original city.
But, VFS is best option.

karm96

Aug 22, 2014
An advice: renew your passport so that you will take the visa for the whole period of your studies and send with the passport a letter requesting the "letter of introduction" which you can not enter canada without even if you got the visa. Also attach a small paper to your passport saying that you renewed your passport and on which page. Why is that? Because the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi did a terrible mistake with me. They did not even bother to look at the renewal page resulting in giving me the visa for only two years while my studies are for four years.
Good luck

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
karm96 said:
An advice: renew your passport so that you will take the visa for the whole period of your studies and send with the passport a letter requesting the "letter of introduction" which you can not enter canada without even if you got the visa. Also attach a small paper to your passport saying that you renewed your passport and on which page. Why is that? Because the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi did a terrible mistake with me. They did not even bother to look at the renewal page resulting in giving me the visa for only two years while my studies are for four years.
Good luck
My passport is valid until 2018 june. on the same passport, last year, they gave me a visa, study permit and CAQ for 1 year only which is why i'm applying for the visa again this year. I don't know how they choose the dates as my friend who is also with me, got everything for 4 years. Thank you for your advice, although i'm going to the embassy in person as the lady who called me from the embassy told me they can give me the visa directly and I don't have to wait for my passport to be sent back.

Thank you again :)