+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study in Canada based on an award that required them to go back to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills?

ravikumar390

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Study in Canada based on an award that required them to go back to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills? This includes some awards from Global Affairs Canada

I was filling my Express Entry Profile and came across this question.

I came to Canada on Scholarship, sponsored by my state in India which is not under Global Affairs Canada and I used that Scholarship document to get my Study permit. However, my scholarship document doesn't mention that I have to return back to India to apply knowledge. Now, I am on work permit in Canada with more than one year of full time experience and I have selected No to the above question on my Express Entry Profile. Did I answer correct or Do I have to select Yes for the above question? Will there be any problem if I get Scholarship?

Thank you.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Study in Canada based on an award that required them to go back to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills? This includes some awards from Global Affairs Canada

I was filling my Express Entry Profile and came across this question.

I came to Canada on Scholarship, sponsored by my state in India which is not under Global Affairs Canada and I used that Scholarship document to get my Study permit. However, my scholarship document doesn't mention that I have to return back to India to apply knowledge. Now, I am on work permit in Canada with more than one year of full time experience and I have selected No to the above question on my Express Entry Profile. Did I answer correct or Do I have to select Yes for the above question? Will there be any problem if I get Scholarship?

Thank you.
You need to explain that otherwise that will be misinterpretion, can increase your chance of rejection also. As they had this info when you had earlier applied. Hope this helps.

ravikumar390

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
You need to explain that otherwise that will be misinterpretion, can increase your chance of rejection also. As they had this info when you had earlier applied. Hope this helps.
Thank you @Taran D for you reply. Could you please let me know how can I explain about the scholarship?

mr_touchwizz

Aug 2, 2022
Thank you @Taran D for you reply. Could you please let me know how can I explain about the scholarship?
I have a similar question.
Does this also apply if you had a scholarship from Global Affairs Canada at any time in the past, for a previously completed study, or does that rule only apply if you had the scholarship for the current study programme? What about PGWP, am I ineligible if I had a scholarship from GAC at any time in the past, or only for the currently completed program?