+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study gap to due to disability

rhamza783

Sep 1, 2024
Hey guys, I am Hamza from Pakistan. I completed my FSC (12th class) in Physics, Chemistry, and Math in 2019. Unfortunately, I had to quit my studies due to an accident involving a firecracker blast, which resulted in the loss of four fingers on my right hand. After the accident, I spent some time at home recovering. As I was right-handed, I started practicing with my left hand and now I can write perfectly with it. I also took the IELTS test and scored an overall band of 6. About a year later, I started managing my own restaurant, where I have been working ever since. Now, I feel ready to resume my studies and pursue a degree in Electronics Engineering at a reputable university. Can it be possible for me to get a study permit despite my study gap?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey guys, I am Hamza from Pakistan. I completed my FSC (12th class) in Physics, Chemistry, and Math in 2019. Unfortunately, I had to quit my studies due to an accident involving a firecracker blast, which resulted in the loss of four fingers on my right hand. After the accident, I spent some time at home recovering. As I was right-handed, I started practicing with my left hand and now I can write perfectly with it. I also took the IELTS test and scored an overall band of 6. About a year later, I started managing my own restaurant, where I have been working ever since. Now, I feel ready to resume my studies and pursue a degree in Electronics Engineering at a reputable university. Can it be possible for me to get a study permit despite my study gap?
Yes. What school do you have admissions and PAL for? Do you meet POF? If you don’t have admissions, then do you have the grades for an undergrad program.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Realistically you will not get into an engineering program in Canada at a reputable university with band 6. Attending a university engineering program will also cost you 150k+ in most universities in Canada. Would not suggest coming to Canada for an undergraduate degree especially which such IELTS scores.

rhamza783

Sep 1, 2024
I don’t know what PAL is, but I am a 50% partner in a restaurant, with the other half owned by my elder brother. I also own a residential plot and some other properties from which I receive rent. Additionally, I have 22,000 Canadian dollars in the bank.

rhamza783

Sep 1, 2024
I don’t know what PAL is, but I am a 50% partner in a restaurant, with the other half owned by my elder brother. I also own a residential plot and some other properties from which I receive rent. Additionally, I have 22,000 Canadian dollars in the bank.
I can take my test again. I am sure this time I will get at least a 7 band

rhamza783

Sep 1, 2024
Yes. What school do you have admissions and PAL for? Do you meet POF? If you don’t have admissions, then do you have the grades for an undergrad program.
So is there any country where I can get admission other than Pakistan? I don’t think it’s worth pursuing an electronic engineering degree here because there is not a single well reputed electronics related company in Pakistan. You can imagine the quality of education here

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well you need admission to a university and then you need to apply for a Provincial Attestation Letter. Each province can only accept so many students. You need to show a minimum of $21k plus tuition so between $35-45K depending on school fees. Funds is one part. You need to justify costs with a higher salary and career progression when you return. if you own a restaurant then why study in Canada? If your program is 4 years that is around $110-140K so where is that money coming from and what better job and salary will you have.

If you haven’t even researched universities, programs and admission requirements start doing that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So is there any country where I can get admission other than Pakistan? I don’t think it’s worth pursuing an electronic engineering degree here because there is not a single well reputed electronics related company in Pakistan. You can imagine the quality of education here
Study in Pakistan than try to do a masters abroad or inmigrate. You don’t need to have an industry in a country to get a degree in the subject.