+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student with Spouse Accompanying

Rahimdobani

Oct 11, 2018
Hi there,

I am from India, I got married 2 years back and now me and my wife are planning to settle in Canada.

My wife has Double Bachelors degree in Education and Bachelors in Arts & 1 Diploma in Montessari Course and got only 6 Months of work experience in Teaching.

I am a Dropout in Computer Science after failing in final year, and i have 6 years of experince in Business of Sales and Service of Mobiles and Accessories .

My Wife got offer letter from George Brown College in Toronto.
I want to know few things before we apply for canada visa.

1. What are my chances on getting spouse visa along with my wife? When should I apply?
2. How long can i work in canada?
3. I should apply together from India or should i go on tourist visa with my wife and later after reaching CANADA can i convert my tourist visa into Spouse Dependent Open Work Permit Visa

Please advice.

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Which course is your wife applying for as that is key and should be relevant to current qualifications and work experience showing that it will improve prospects on returning to your home country. Getting an offer from a college is the relative easy part given colleges are revenue driven.

Rahimdobani

Oct 11, 2018
She is applying for Diploma In Early Childhood Education from George Brown College.

She has 6 months of Teaching Experience before our wedding.

We’re married since 2 years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given her past degrees an ECE degree doesn't benefit her professionally and won't lead to any career advancement. You'll have to see if she gets a permit. It is too hard to predict whether you will get a SOWP if your wife gets a study permit.