+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa

Mo Karali

Sep 23, 2013
I have got accepted @ u Ottawa as a graduate student and i will apply in May for the visa.

Do I have to pay tuition fees for the first semester before i go to Canada and attach the voucher in the visa application package?

Note : The university didn't ask me to pay before courses registration & the Canadian Embassy here in Lebanon didn't mention in the check list that i must attach receipt for my tuition.

Thanks...

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Mo Karali said:
I have got accepted @ u Ottawa as a graduate student and i will apply in May for the visa.

Do I have to pay tuition fees for the first semester before i go to Canada and attach the voucher in the visa application package?

Note : The university didn't ask me to pay before courses registration & the Canadian Embassy here in Lebanon didn't mention in the check list that i must attach receipt for my tuition.

Thanks...
if ur visa office does not need fee payment then u dont need it however ur visa office may need proof of funds. and payment of fees is a good proof of funds . there r other documents that u can attach as proof of funds check out this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why are you waiting until may to apply for the study permit? The sooner you apply the better. Do check the processing times for permits on www.cic.gc.ca to get an understanding of what their average processing times are.

Generally you have to pay tuition fee before you start classes. It's also good to show to the VO that you have done that. At least make sure that you can prove that you have sufficient funds to pay tuition AND living expenses.