+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa rejected under SPP. URGENT, PLEASE HELP :(

daksh014

Jul 19, 2017
I applied for Video game design at Fanshawe College, September 2017 intake, my visa got rejected under SPP category. The reasons I got were(exactly as stated in the rejection letter)-
--> You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
×Purpose of visit(there were several reasons, but this was ticked amongst all of them)
-->OTHER REASONS:
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: Your qualifications, previous studies, missing marks cards, gap in studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects and plans.
I've pursued 3d animation softwares(AUTODESK 3DS MAX, AUTODESK MUDBOX, Pixologic ZBRUSH and Unity Game Engine) and finished my 12th last year(2016)
What should I do now? Should I apply under General category? Please help me. I am very tensed :'(

futurestudent

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
I applied for Video game design at Fanshawe College, September 2017 intake, my visa got rejected under SPP category. The reasons I got were(exactly as stated in the rejection letter)-
--> You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
×Purpose of visit(there were several reasons, but this was ticked amongst all of them)
-->OTHER REASONS:
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: Your qualifications, previous studies, missing marks cards, gap in studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects and plans.
I've pursued 3d animation softwares(AUTODESK 3DS MAX, AUTODESK MUDBOX, Pixologic ZBRUSH and Unity Game Engine) and finished my 12th last year(2016)
What should I do now? Should I apply under General category? Please help me. I am very tensed :'(
ofocurse you have to apply under general category but better apply for CAIPS first. This rejection is not clear.

daksh014

Jul 19, 2017
ofocurse you have to apply under general category but better apply for CAIPS first. This rejection is not clear.
CAIPS will take a lot of time and I don't have much time. I'll try and clear out all the reasons here, Please help. I don't have much gap in my studies only 6 months. So I think this reason is done and dusted. I've heard they provide visas to people who have more than 1 year of gaps. I have studied the softwares used in Game designing, so the course isn't irrelevant. I provided all my marksheets, so that's also clear. I got 60% in 12th and I had Commerce without maths(that might be an issue, but the college has accepted me so why do the visa officers have a problem?)
I don't know about level of establishment. 6.5 bands in IELTS. L-8.0 R-6.0 W-6.0 S-6.5.
One major mistake I think I made is that I mentioned in my Letter of Intent that I wanna work in Canada after graduating from Fanshawe College. Is it a mistake? Please help...

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
CAIPS will take a lot of time and I don't have much time. I'll try and clear out all the reasons here, Please help. I don't have much gap in my studies only 6 months. So I think this reason is done and dusted. I've heard they provide visas to people who have more than 1 year of gaps. I have studied the softwares used in Game designing, so the course isn't irrelevant. I provided all my marksheets, so that's also clear. I got 60% in 12th and I had Commerce without maths(that might be an issue, but the college has accepted me so why do the visa officers have a problem?)
I don't know about level of establishment. 6.5 bands in IELTS. L-8.0 R-6.0 W-6.0 S-6.5.
One major mistake I think I made is that I mentioned in my Letter of Intent that I wanna work in Canada after graduating from Fanshawe College. Is it a mistake? Please help...
You shouldn't have shown the intention to work in Canada. That might be the reason why the Visa officer has refused the study permit. He/She is not satisfied/convinced that you would leave Canada at the end of your studies. It's no harm to have intention to work in Canada after studies but it's too early to mention it. Show strong ties to Home Country when you re-apply. You may wait for CAIPS but there's no harm in re-applying because you know where it went wrong. Other than your intent, I don't see an issue in your application.

daksh014

Jul 19, 2017
What's your profile and where did you apply? Please provide more details on your background.
I completed my schooling in 2016. After that I joined a college in India and dropped it after the 1st semester as I wanted to go to Canada but I haven't shown it in my visa application and stated in that period of time I was preparing for my IELTS exam. Gave IELTS in JAN'17 and joined Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics, South Extension-1 New Delhi in January 2017(beginning), pursued Game Designing from here which included Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk 3DS MAX, AUTODESK MUDBOX, Pixologic ZBRUSH and UNITY game engine. Finished with it in June. Got all my documents completed and applied for game designing in George Brown College, Fanshawe college and Centennial College. Got offer letters from all colleges but decided to go for Fanshawe College, London, Ontario as the course content was matching profile. Filed my visa under SPP category through The Chopras and got refused because of the reasons mentioned above. Please rectify my mistake if you can find it as I have equal to no time to go for CAIPS and I have to re-apply as I have very less time left for my session to start :(

Last edited:

futurestudent

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
I completed my schooling in 2016. After that I joined a college in India and dropped it after the 1st semester as I wanted to go to Canada but I haven't shown it in my visa application and stated in that period of time I was preparing for my IELTS exam. Gave IELTS in JAN'17 and joined Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics, South Extension-1 New Delhi in January 2017(beginning), pursued Game Designing from here which included Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk 3DS MAX, AUTODESK MUDBOX, Pixologic ZBRUSH and UNITY game engine. Finished with it in June. Got all my documents completed and applied for game designing in George Brown College, Fanshawe college and Centennial College. Got offer letters from all colleges but decided to go for Fanshawe College, London, Ontario as the course content was matching profile. Filed my visa under SPP category through The Chopras and got refused because of the reasons mentioned above. Please rectify my mistake if you can find it as I have equal to no time to go for CAIPS and I have to re-apply as I have very less time left for my session to start :(
You can prepare a good letter of explaination. explain what you actually meant. Does your course provide any kind of internship or co-op. I know you dont have much time to apply for CAIPS and 90% people do that but read this post. I hope you get your visa in 2nd attempt but I believe you should be ready incase if something goes wrong then you would atleast have the CAIPS report for Jan intake on time. reapply for study permit but also apply for 1st rejection CAIPS report.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/caips-waiting-time-and-2nd-attempt.506068/#post-6196736

Reactions: daksh014

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
First mistake was: stating that you want to work in Canada. Everyone knows that majority will stay in Canada but one should never make it so clear the way you did. You basically had given the officer a valid reason for rejection.
Now to overcome this - I would suggest you to apply again with a course which has co-op then you can rectify the statement you have given in your previous SOP, attach as many supporting documents as you can to prove your ties with your home country.

Secondly - You are sort of rushing things again. I will recommend you to wait for CAIPS so that you are well prepared for another shot and the rejection rate will be minimal. Just look at the bigger picture. what if officer rejected your file for a different reason which we cannot see and it may happen again in your 2 hit. Things will not be easy then.
I hope you understand what I mean.

Reactions: daksh014

daksh014

Jul 19, 2017
First mistake was: stating that you want to work in Canada. Everyone knows that majority will stay in Canada but one should never make it so clear the way you did. You basically had given the officer a valid reason for rejection.
Now to overcome this - I would suggest you to apply again with a course which has co-op then you can rectify the statement you have given in your previous SOP, attach as many supporting documents as you can to prove your ties with your home country.

Secondly - You are sort of rushing things again. I will recommend you to wait for CAIPS so that you are well prepared for another shot and the rejection rate will be minimal. Just look at the bigger picture. what if officer rejected your file for a different reason which we cannot see and it may happen again in your 2 hit. Things will not be easy then.
I hope you understand what I mean.
I really appreciate your suggestion mate. I think it will really help me.

gauravehdr

Nov 3, 2017
hello friends i am an indian student i have got the offer letter from centennial college for fast track biotechnology program of one year i have already done b.tech from biotechnology please any one help me for arranging financial documents
here is my exact situation i want to file VISA under SPP category please help
my father expired when i was in 8th standard (he was a former )
my mother is a house wife and also she is former village sarpanch
my brother who is 2 years older than me do agriculture we have around 15 hectare agricultural
my sister is a teacher in private school
i have already deposited 1st semester fee and made GIC
what financial documents do i need to show while filling visa as we do not file any income tax or have any ITR
my maternal uncle (mothers brother) is sub inspector in UP government and is willing to be my sponsor he also have form 16 his monthely income is around 57 thousands what documents he nned to submit to be my sponser
please please please help guys
also as it is a 1year program and i have already submitted 1st semester fee and GIC will my VISA be rejected on financia basis

sayoojjs

Jan 6, 2020
Dude, did you get your visa? I am an Environment artist. I have applied for the Game designing program from Cambrian college. Almost similar profile like yours,I have done a visual effects course from MAAC too. Can you give me your email or any other contact?