+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa refussal

Dcent

Jun 29, 2017
Dear sir/mam
My student visa application was refused on the following ground:
1: I have not satisfied that I would leave Canada at the end of my stay. In reaching this decision they consider several factors including my purpose of visit.
2: upon complete review of my application, previous academic and employment history and reasonableness of undertaking the proposed studies in Canada, they are not satisfied I will actively pursue the purpose program of study.
I plan to reapply what do I do to convince them this time?

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
Dear sir/mam
My student visa application was refused on the following ground:
1: I have not satisfied that I would leave Canada at the end of my stay. In reaching this decision they consider several factors including my purpose of visit.
2: upon complete review of my application, previous academic and employment history and reasonableness of undertaking the proposed studies in Canada, they are not satisfied I will actively pursue the purpose program of study.
I plan to reapply what do I do to convince them this time?
Ii
I don't think you should apply so quickly! Wait for some time

Dcent

Jun 29, 2017
I advise you study the document and apply again but give some little time
I have edited my statement of purpose, answering to those areas they made mention to. Because my passport will be less of 6months validity after July and my program start this fall September.

Dcent

Jun 29, 2017
I have edited my statement of purpose, answering to those areas they made mention to. Because my passport will be less of 6months validity after July and my program start this fall September. In my ist application I used just my bank account statement which my was beyond what they requested for and my land document I don't know if I should attach that of my parent also this time, probably mine only was not convincing.

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
I have edited my statement of purpose, answering to those areas they made mention to. Because my passport will be less of 6months validity after July and my program start this fall September.
Try to renew your passport and also if you can send me your study plan for me check

Dcent

Jun 29, 2017
Try to renew your passport and also if you can send me your study plan for me check[/QUOTE

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Lack of instrumentation technicians has been one major challenge and set back in my home country’s (Nigeria) industries and factories. Many industries in my country lack capable and credible manpower that can handle their equipments and machineries in areas like troubleshooting, maintenance, assembling and installation. This is what informed my choice of Instrumentation and Control Engineering Technician out of the numerous options offered by the college.
As a child, I possessed an eagerness driven by curiosity towards science and technology. I was born and raised in Nigeria where both my parents are reputable high school teachers, who made education a priority, and were very supportive of my passion. Being the last of four siblings, my parents could not afford to send me to college following the completion of my high school education because of the huge financial burden of my senior siblings who were already attending college at the time. Also my choice of instrumentation engineering proved to be challenging as it isn’t offered as a major in most universities in Nigeria and sending me abroad for studies was not an option due to earlier stated reason.
Still I persevered, stoking the flames of my passion, hoping it would become a reality. I resolved to working as a sales representative in electronics company in order to save enough money to give myself the very best of education my parent always desire for me and to actualise my dreams. Due to my dedication and diligence to work, I was promoted to sales manager in the company. I sought to improve my skills and educational background by taking short courses in the fields of computer and engineering, the programmes included two months certification computer training programme in 2005, a short skill acquisition certificate program on Instrumentation (Termination/Tubing) under Grant Engineering and Skill Acquisition Nigeria Limited in 2012 and finally an online 132hours professional occupational safety health training/certificate course under OSH Academy Beaverton USA in 2013 where I graduated with a GPA of 3.56 .
Working as a sale manager for almost ten years taught me the values of hard work, perseverance and dedication to duty, it was an opportunity for self-growth and improvement. During my training as an instrumentation technician under Grant Engineering and Skill Acquisition Nigeria Limited, I noticed the vacuum in the industry due to lack of skilled technician trained in instrumentation, a void I hope to fill through self edification .My choice to study at St Lawrence Canada is multifactorial, asides the advancement in technology and equipment in Canada the diversity of population greatly appeals to me. Being exposed to such diversity will provide me with a well-rounded educational experience.
I chose St Lawrence College because of its comprehensive curriculum, which includes practicum programs, with core subject areas approximating 2:1 of lab hours to theory hours. This provides me with technical know-how on equipment currently available in the factories. The diversity and experience of faculty members I believe will be invaluable to me. Also studying at St Lawrence is cost effective and friendly to my financial status.
Three years ago, I got the opportunity of travelling to the United Arab Emirate (UAE) to work in a security and safety company as a security personnel, though it is unrelated to my current field of interest, it created a learning environment for personal growth and a chance to work outside my comfort zone and most importantly become financially stable to give myself the best chance of realizing my educational goals and life aspirations.
Learning has always been paramount to me and though the road to achieving my goal has been fraught with challenges, I choose not to be deterred. Acquiring a diploma though minor in the spectrum of degrees is an important step to achieving my goal of honing my craft and becoming an expert technician skilled in installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of industrial equipment, this will aid in expanding my career options. Also with skills acquired I hope to become an asset to Nigeria where qualified technicians are lacking, providing quality services, readily tailored to suit individual consumer’s need. It is a dream of mine to set up a workshop in my home country where I can train and enlighten other young and creative minds willing to create a niche in the field of instrumental engineering but don’t have the opportunity or resources to achieve their goals, by so doing it will reduce the rate of incompetence and unemployment in my country and above all solve a major crisis in the industry.
My objective of obtaining a diploma degree in this field is to prepare myself for long-term goals of pursuing a career of becoming a researcher in the field of instrumental engineering, which I believe, will equip me with skills to tackle industrial challenges ahead. I have nurtured a strong passion to become a scientist and pursue research. In the pursuit of knowledge, I have always adopted a rigorous approach in order to attain an in-depth understanding of the subject at hand.
I choose to pursue a college diploma study in St Lawrence College because by working under the guidance of distinguished and well trained instructor and researchers, I am confident of making an original contribution in the applied field/course of study. I have excelled in my well-rounded high school education and have developed a solid background to take up study in Canada.
I have decided to study full time at obtaining a diploma degree which calls for personal commitment and involves making personal and financial sacrifices, in turn I shall get intellectual satisfaction and gratification of becoming a contributor to knowledge through research, and the greater personal rewards of learning and discovery. I believe to the best of my knowledge, that I possess the motivation, intellectual ability and readiness to set out on this exhilarating and arduous journey to make significant original contributions to my field of study.
I hope my proposal meets your assessment.
Thanks in anticipation.

Reactions: zatoichi

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
Hmm, you really need to work on these! This is not good and I don't think it will impress VO !! However the study plan has be only one page and it should include everything!!
I wish I could help

Dcent

Jun 29, 2017
Hmm, you really need to work on these! This is not good and I don't think it will impress VO !! However the study plan has be only one page and it should include everything!!
I wish I could help
Because of my condition that's why I had to explain in details hoping the co would understand my purpose for a diploma instead of a degree. Now i don't know what irrelevant areas I should delete.

Dcent

Jun 29, 2017
Also I plan backing it up with all the necessary certification in relation to that area and also additional account from my parent supporting me alongside mine which I submitted in my previous application. Hoping to convince them that I have passion for that field.

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
Because of my condition that's why I had to explain in details hoping the co would understand my purpose for a diploma instead of a degree. Now i don't know what irrelevant areas I should delete.
Even the way you start the essay was not right!
I don't know but I have to write something and send to u to see

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
OK, not meaning to offend anyone, but looking at your Statement of Purpose with IRCC perspective in mind, a rejection is not surprising. You have significantly limited experience or training in your chosen studies, have worked in sales (not related) and security (not related), You've taken a short course on computers (12 years ago), a short course in instrumentation and finally Health and Safety. None of this is relevant to what you are applying for and is, for the most part, totally unrelated. And your passport is set to expire! You have a lot of work to overcome their concerns about overstaying, in my mind. You should try and at least find some work in the field of your studies, or at least something similar.

Dcent

Jun 29, 2017
OK, not meaning to offend anyone, but looking at your Statement of Purpose with IRCC perspective in mind, a rejection is not surprising. You have significantly limited experience or training in your chosen studies, have worked in sales (not related) and security (not related), You've taken a short course on computers (12 years ago), a short course in instrumentation and finally Health and Safety. None of this is relevant to what you are applying for and is, for the most part, totally unrelated. And your passport is set to expire! You have a lot of work to overcome their concerns about overstaying, in my mind. You should try and at least find some work in the field of your studies, or at least something similar.
What is your candid advice, should I defer the admission or I should decline and ask for refund of my tuition fee paid