+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Refused, what's next?

mhindawy

Apr 6, 2013
Hi all,

I was denied student visa to study in OISE at the University of Toronto.

Reasons are:

1. Not enough fund. I have CAD 39,000 and my education is 25,000.
2. No assets. But there was no place in the application where I could mention my assets.
3. Not sure I will return because of my family status (both parents are alive and live in Egypt), no satisfactory travel history (I traveled about 4 times the past two years one of them was a business trip to Canada and I never broke a visa) and no assets back home (again I wasn't required to submit anything about my assets.)
4. This is the funny one. U of T found me an excellent candidate whose work history and future career perfectly fit the program. The officer found that the program isn't suitable for me. Good grief!

My boss offered to write a formal letter that he will rehire me as soon as I'm done. And our partners in Canada (Centennial College) can write a letter that this is part of my company and Centennial cooperation.

I also wrote to the visa office asking questions like what's wrong with my travel history and how can a visa officer know if the program fits me?!

What's next? Any advice?

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
Hi Mhindawy,

Can you share below so that anyone in this forum can try to help you:-

a) your profile.
b) Did you applied for GIC.
c) How you showed the fund.
d) You are in which country as of now.
e) What course did you opted for.
f) What all documents did you submitted.

mhindawy

Apr 6, 2013
1. I'm not sure what u mean by my profile. I'll give u the answer I think is right. I'm a a female, a professional, I'm the head of talent management, 38, not married, have an MA in another field. I own property in Egypt, my country of birth and residence.

2. What's a GIC?

3. I sent a bank statement with the equivalent of CAD 30,000 and the rest I will be available when I sell my car (worth CAD 20,000).

4. I'm in Egypt, have been all my life. Except for some short trips.

5. I'm accepted at the Workplace Learning & Social Change at OISE, U of T.

6. I submitted all the documents necessary for an online application: application for student visa, family status, bank statement, letter of acceptance, passport with all stamped pages, picture, letter of employment and salary stub.

Hope this helps!

KEM

Sep 11, 2006
apply again!!! might be this rejection was someone else and by mistake visa officer refused you... again apply with all document and attache all document with each other ...

you will get your visa !!!

mhindawy

Apr 6, 2013
What makes u so sure KEM? Have u had a similar experience? Would u like to share it with me?

Thanks... Ur response was very reassuring!

mhindawy

Apr 6, 2013
And KEM, now that I have a UCI number, would u recommended I reapply using the same number or start all over again?

KEM

Sep 11, 2006
your profile looks good and yes use all previous information in ur new application. there are many application which are refused and student get their visa in 3rd time and may 4th time ... it is not compulsory that you cant get the visa again or in 2nd attempt ... try again because you are in this process and you have experience now !!! your educational and IELTS is good that why you should reapply !!!! now you decide what time, semester and year is suitable for you now!!

mhindawy

Apr 6, 2013
Hello all,

I reapplied on May 14 and still haven't heard a thing... Is this positive? My gut feeling says it is. Last time when I was rejected, I was snapped in 10 days including weekends. What do you all think?

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
mhindawy said:
Hello all,

I reapplied on May 14 and still haven't heard a thing... Is this positive? My gut feeling says it is. Last time when I was rejected, I was snapped in 10 days including weekends. What do you all think?
Yes, probably. Bear in mind that average processing time for CAIRO visa office 7 weeks. So you have to be patient.
So before, you got ur rejection in 10 days only? Was via email or status in MyCIC?

KEM

Sep 11, 2006
now, stay clam and relax ..... you will get a good news soon !!! .

Pray for All !!!!

prokrito

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think there is something to find out-

1. If your previous education is not matching with the future program then visa officer can refuse your application. whatever your job history is, admission in a colleges of Canada is very easy, easier admission harder visa. College can admit you but if previous study mismatch with the current you should choose relevant one.

2. Did you submit Tax Certificate? It is a proof that you are not showing black money and your income source.

3. You can show your asset by giving a certificate from lawyer or CA farm (must be in English)

4. Did you submit a Statement Of Purpose (SOP) to Visa officer explaining home ties and benefits of this degree. It is must for every student.