+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Refused Twice for Insufficient funds! International Student!

robertambark

Aug 7, 2018
Hello!

I am an international student from Lithuania who is struggling to get a study permit/visa. First of all, I have been accepted into GBC in Toronto. My study program last for 3 years. Second, I have initially paid the tuition for the first semester (4th September - 7th January). So, my classes start very soon and I have not received my study permit yet, hence, I cannot register for any of my classes. Why has my application at the visa centre been refused?

For the first time, it was due to insufficient funds and my employment situation. Once again, I have gathered different documents, checked all of them carefully and submitted my second application. It was yet again refused, this time, only due to insufficient funds. The documents that I uploaded to prove my funding was the declaration of funds from The Ministry of Funding in Lithuania. My parents have a business where they earn approximately $30000CAD annually. Yet, this document was denied and I am very anxious and confused that I will not be able to get a visa for the third time.

And now my big questions are:
1) What kind of funding do I need to show to the visa officers? (Honestly, I am running out of ideas)
2) Will I be able to receive a visa in about 2 weeks? The college semester starts very soon and I am about to buy a round-trip plane ticket if I have to.
3) How should I fill out the date for for my intended studies? Should I change the date to only the first semester and mark the funds accordingly?
4) If I do not manage to receive my study permit, can I do that once I arrive to Canada?

Thank you for you help and support. I need answers ASAP because I am stressing out like never before in my life.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello!

I am an international student from Lithuania who is struggling to get a study permit/visa. First of all, I have been accepted into GBC in Toronto. My study program last for 3 years. Second, I have initially paid the tuition for the first semester (4th September - 7th January). So, my classes start very soon and I have not received my study permit yet, hence, I cannot register for any of my classes. Why has my application at the visa centre been refused?

For the first time, it was due to insufficient funds and my employment situation. Once again, I have gathered different documents, checked all of them carefully and submitted my second application. It was yet again refused, this time, only due to insufficient funds. The documents that I uploaded to prove my funding was the declaration of funds from The Ministry of Funding in Lithuania. My parents have a business where they earn approximately $30000CAD annually. Yet, this document was denied and I am very anxious and confused that I will not be able to get a visa for the third time.

And now my big questions are:
1) What kind of funding do I need to show to the visa officers? (Honestly, I am running out of ideas)
2) Will I be able to receive a visa in about 2 weeks? The college semester starts very soon and I am about to buy a round-trip plane ticket if I have to.
3) How should I fill out the date for for my intended studies? Should I change the date to only the first semester and mark the funds accordingly?
4) If I do not manage to receive my study permit, can I do that once I arrive to Canada?

Thank you for you help and support. I need answers ASAP because I am stressing out like never before in my life.
Hi

How much money did you actually show? A $30 000 annual income is not even close to being enough to support an international student in Canada.

1. Generally around $25000 per year.

2. Possibly. Don't buy tickets unless you get approved.

3. I don't understand what you are asking. You need to show you can fund the entire program.

4. Little chance of approval if you come to Canada and apply. Also note that you can't study or work while waiting, so you would basically be here wasting money doing nothing.

robertambark

Aug 7, 2018
Hi

How much money did you actually show? A $30 000 annual income is not even close to being enough to support an international student in Canada.

3. I don't understand what you are asking. You need to show you can fund the entire program.

4. Little chance of approval if you come to Canada and apply. Also note that you can't study or work while waiting, so you would basically be here wasting money doing nothing.
1) Well then, I could say goodbye to my study permit then. People in Lithuania could easily live off the remaining $5000, just like my parents. They do have a restaurant and all, they are renting one apartment too. Also, they have taken a loan from a bank, would a document of that be useful?
2) You see, either way I have spent the tuition for the first semester, I would let my money go to waste if I did not start studying there.
3) There was a section on the application paper called "Details of Intended Study in Canada." What if I would switch the date from 4th September 2018 - 7th January 2019? Because that is when the first semester of my studies end.

I have also successfully started to rent a place with my Canadian roommate and paid for the first couple of months to my landlord. Should I include this in my application letter?

robertambark

Aug 7, 2018
Hi

Also, is it better to go and apply in person? The closest visa office linked to my home country is in Warsaw, Poland. Is presenting the documents eye-to-eye more promising? Or is it fake news as I have heard?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Sorry to hear.
You will probably not be able to make the September start so you need to ask your school to defer you to the next program start probably January or September next year. Or you should be able to get almost full refund if you get visa refused.

You need to show funds for (Tuition Fee for First Year) + 10,000 + (3 to 5000)
Now its difficult to say why they refused the ministry funding but perhaps it does not show enough information about the funding that you have received also as mentioned 30,000 annually isnt enough as that will be about your 1 year cost I think and your parents still need to support themselves plus if you showed business accounts this is not the same as showing personal account because that money bellongs to the business technically.
Ideally you will need to show the required amount in yours or parents account readily available for use.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Also, is it better to go and apply in person? The closest visa office linked to my home country is in Warsaw, Poland. Is presenting the documents eye-to-eye more promising? Or is it fake news as I have heard?
They dont normally take documents eye to eye, you apply to a VAC which is an outsourced third party that just takes your docs and sends them to visa office, you never meet anyone who makes the decisions.

robertambark

Aug 7, 2018
Sorry to hear.
You will probably not be able to make the September start so you need to ask your school to defer you to the next program start probably January or September next year. Or you should be able to get almost full refund if you get visa refused.

Now its difficult to say why they refused the ministry funding but perhaps it does not show enough information about the funding that you have received also as mentioned 30,000 annually isnt enough as that will be about your 1 year cost I think and your parents still need to support themselves plus if you showed business accounts this is not the same as showing personal account because that money bellongs to the business technically.
Ideally you will need to show the required amount in yours or parents account readily available for use.
Hmmm, what if I choose to study only for one year? Then transfer back to Europe? I do have the funds to study for at least one year + I have the official documents from my landlord in Toronto stating that I have made a deposit for the first 3 months of renting an apartment.

This whole thing is very stressful to me at the moment, I just do not want to give up.

robertambark

Aug 7, 2018
Sorry to hear.

Also, forgot to mention that I have about $10000CAD in my bank account. If I get the official English-translated and stamped statement from my bank, will that help out as well?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Also, forgot to mention that I have about $10000CAD in my bank account. If I get the official English-translated and stamped statement from my bank, will that help out as well?
Did you not submit a translated bank statement? If you didn't then the VO did not bother even looking at your financials. You must submit all supporting documents in English.

robertambark

Aug 7, 2018
Did you not submit a translated bank statement? If you didn't then the VO did not bother even looking at your financials. You must submit all supporting documents in English.
Thanks! I will do that tomorrow ASAP then. Will translating my father and mother's bank statements be a good idea too? I will compress all of the documents into one pdf file and upload it to the application website once again.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Thanks! I will do that tomorrow ASAP then. Will translating my father and mother's bank statements be a good idea too? I will compress all of the documents into one pdf file and upload it to the application website once again.
If your parents are paying for your tuition and cost of living in Canada then yes you must include them.

robertambark

Aug 7, 2018
If your parents are paying for your tuition and cost of living in Canada then yes you must include them.
Thank you so much!
Anything else to recommend to show funds? I will be applying for the last time tomorrow with hopes to get my student visa and finally be able to make it to 4th September.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Thank you so much!
Anything else to recommend to show funds? I will be applying for the last time tomorrow with hopes to get my student visa and finally be able to make it to 4th September.
Depending on your financial situation, if you have more funds to show then provide all the supporting documents. I do recommend deferring your starting date to next semester because its too late to process your application. It will take approximately 6 weeks to process.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
How long did the first 2 applications take to get rejected?
You probably dont have the time to get into September but this varies by country.
Also look at the paper application requirements the requirements are very clearly explained there and what documents are required, even if applying online use them as a guide.

You cant have a 3 year program then say you are only going to study one year, so that wont work.

You shouldn't have rented anything without a visa but try and include it maybe it will help.
Everything needs to be in english/french and I believe there are specific requirements for translation so check the requirements I mentioned.

robertambark

Aug 7, 2018
How long did the first 2 applications take to get rejected?
You probably dont have the time to get into September but this varies by country.
Also look at the paper application requirements the requirements are very clearly explained there and what documents are required, even if applying online use them as a guide.

You cant have a 3 year program then say you are only going to study one year, so that wont work.

You shouldn't have rented anything without a visa but try and include it maybe it will help.
Everything needs to be in english/french and I believe there are specific requirements for translation so check the requirements I mentioned.
For the first application, it took only 4 days. For the second, it took about 2 weeks. So I am still positive that I will make it in time. If I do not, then I will probably transfer to start studying in January.