+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa refusal . .need advice

savy_c

Nov 2, 2015
Hi Folks

I was denied Canadian student visa saying that "you're proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of; your qualification, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your prospects and future plans"

Applied and got into Post graduation diploma in human resources management at sir Stanford Fleming college.

My Profile is as below

10th 48%

12th 62%

diploma in computer application 75%

Bachelors of Commerce 67%

My overall IELTS score is 6

Listening 6
Reading 6.5
Writing 5.5
Speaking 5.5

I have applied for CAIPS for this but meanwhile wondering if any member faced similar situation or have any knowledge where I went wrong.

please advise me I am under a huge stress

Thanks

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you have to explain well to VO about refusal reasons for your next application.

if you have a job experience in the field of HR, that would be good.
otherwise, you really have to explain well the reason of your study.
Also a job offer after your study in your country and proof of strong home tie would be helpful.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

savy_c said:
Hi Folks

I was denied Canadian student visa saying that "you're proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of; your qualification, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your prospects and future plans"

Applied and got into Post graduation diploma in human resources management at sir Stanford Fleming college.

My Profile is as below

10th 48%

12th 62%

diploma in computer application 75%

Bachelors of Commerce 67%

My overall IELTS score is 6

Listening 6
Reading 6.5
Writing 5.5
Speaking 5.5

I have applied for CAIPS for this but meanwhile wondering if any member faced similar situation or have any knowledge where I went wrong.

please advise me I am under a huge stress

Thanks

What's the connection between BCom and proposed human resource diploma? That connection is the reason of refusal.

Meet18

Nov 10, 2015
Is it true that when our passport is dispatched they mail us with the pdf attached saying ur study permit approved or just mail us. Please help to sort it out

khushpinder sran

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
savy actually according to me your whole profile is wrong
frstly your 10th percentage is very low that must be above 50% your 12th is ok but not so good then b.com and your diploma donot relate each other then your bands are also very low bcoz after graduation they must be overall 6:0 so they all might be the reasons but donot get depressed it has happened with many of us

mpottier

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I work in the UK with Tier 4 visas (Student) and the process is rather similar to Canada. Just glancing at your case it seems like your previous study is no totally dissimilar to what you want to do. However the CIC are very tough when it comes to doing a degree or diploma that is on the same level or lower level than what you had previously studied. For example if a student wanted to study a second BA, they would have a strong chance at being rejected because the study is not a clear progression to a higher level. This could have been where you were refused. You may not have demonstrated in your application that this Human resources diploma was clear progression to a higher level. Also your personal statement you provided that explained what you want to do with this new diploma must have CLEAR OBJECTIVES in place. If you say you are just going to look for a random job or study something else later, then the visa officer will be less than cooperative. You must have a job lined up or have a specific job title you are striving for. This sounds strict, but visa officers are not exactly education professionals.

Also it should be noted visa officers are far more tough on small colleges without degree awarding power, as they consider them easier to get into than full fledged universities. Thus they scrutinize applications for them with far more venom. I once had a student refused a student visa because he didn't know the cost of a train ticket in the area he was going to live, and thus was not a genuine student. The VO was looking for any reason to refuse due to the nature of the small college.