+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Refusal 2013, want now visitor visa but fear misrepresentation

badlystuck

Mar 14, 2020
Hi All, I applied for SPP Student Visa Refusal in Dec 2013 and was declined on grounds of study course being irrelevant.
I am on a Work Visa now In New Zealand and want to apply Canada visitor visa
but fear misrepresentation I deliberately did in my that declined Student Visa Application. It was hiding one of my qualifications. I did this in discussion with my then visa consultant in India. I regret it big time though now.
Anyway it is my best friend/cousin's wedding in Canada,she is PR there. She invited me and she says there could be no harm in filing visitor visa. Although I want badly to be with her on her big day, I cannot afford to jeopardise the course of my future visas in other countries, if the Visa Officer puts 5 years ban on me. I would have to declare this in every Visa form of every country, and I will probably be declined permanent residency of other countries too on this basis.
I am happy to take assistance from a Lawyer too, to gain Visitor Visa of Canada just for this wedding, as this is really special, but not at the cost of getting 5 years ban.
Any advice plz

badlystuck

Mar 14, 2020
be honest with your application this time. fill the form correctly and do not hide anything. describe briefly in the cover letter that you forgot to disclose about it in the previous application. you will not be charged with misrepresentation if you be honest .
Thank you iglu for your reply. I would like to do that way only,I only fear being banned for 5 years straight way, inspite of being just declined.