+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa inside CA

marcustito

Jul 13, 2012
Hi guys,

I´m from Brazil and I´m in Toronto since March to study english. My visa is SX-1(visitor with student permission). Today I´ve decided that I will change my program to study and work program at my english school( 3 months studying and 3 months working = 6 months)

I´m with some doubts and I need you guys to help me!!!!!!

1) With this visa I can apply inside Canada to the Visa S-1 (study permit)???? What I have to do???? I have the school letter of acceptance. I should go to the border????

2) this program has a portion to work. What I have to do to receive the permission to work????

Thanks!

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
marcustito said:
Hi guys,

I´m in Toronto since febuary. I came to study english until june and stay 2 months travelling. Last week I decided to stay here more time(3 months) and them I want to change my visa (visitor) to study permit with work permit. My school already gave me all the documents and told me to go to the border and apply there.

My question is: with my visitor visa I can go to the border and apply for student visa?? How long it takes to receive the answer????

Thanks!
From which country do you belong........

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
marcustito said:
I´m from Brazil!!! I just edited my first post to explain better my situation!!!!
Are you in Canada as a visitor?

If you have been visiting Canada or studying English in Canada without a study permit, you must obtain a study permit before you begin studying at UBC.

If you are a visitor and have been admitted to UBC, you can apply for an initial study permit by mail through the Canadian visa office outside of Canada. Effective May 7th, 2012, in-person applications are no longer accepted at the Detroit and Buffalo visa offices. Effective June 1st, 2012, in-person applications are no longer accepted at the Seattle visa office and documents will not be returned by courier. If you have concerns about the safety of your passport and other documents being returned, you may choose to submit an application to the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo or Detroit as both have mailboxes in Canada and accept pre-paid return Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes.

We highly recommend that you check the website of the visa office to which you plan on applying. It is also important to make note of processing times. Some applications may also take longer than average to process, such as those requiring a medical examination. You may wait up to three months to receive the results of a medical examination.
TIP

Visit I. House for details on how to complete your application for an initial study permit. You may also download the I. House tutorial for step-by-step instructions on completing an initial study permit application (1.00 MB) specifically through the Canadian Consulate in Seattle. This tutorial will also be of basic assistance in completing an initial study permit application to other Canadian Consulates in Buffalo or Detroit.

Bring your prepared documents and completed application forms to see an Advisor at I. House before sending out your application. I. House Advising Drop-In hours are Monday through Friday from 1-4pm.

Please checkout this link for details ..........This is for UBC but can apply on any school....

http://www.students.ubc.ca/international/international-students/before-you-arrive/apply-for-or-extend-your-study-permit/