+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa- How High is my chance ?

bahaa123

Mar 11, 2018
-I am a Palestinian Refugee with a Syrian residency, born and lived all of my life in UAE. ( Worried about this the most)
-IELTS 7 , R7, S6.5, W6, L7.5 ( after 3 repeats )
- Civil Engineering Bachelors with honors, no Backlogs 3.62/4
- Got accepted in Civil Engineering Meng in (Masters of engineering)(University of Windsor)
- I am strong financially.
( note:My father tried to immigrate through business class but failed three times in 2010/2011) Would this affect my application.

Please tell me how can i convince the embassy that i will leave Canada when my student permit is over.
Unfortunately, i have no ties to both the countries( Syria and Palestine) Even though it's impossible to go there due to war.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately your residency status and country of origin makes it difficult. The fact that you are applying for a masters degree improve your chances over a diploma in my opinion. Also sounds that you have a strong academic background which also will help. I would focus on why you can't access the specialized course in the UAE and how the degree will advance your current career. Yes your father's application will raise some concern but there is nothing you can do about it.