+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa apply with existing Express Entry profile

Petroholic

Oct 27, 2020
I have recently got an admit from engineering management in University of Ottawa, and I will soon be applying to SDS student visa.

My issue is that I have an existing express entry profile which I made in september 2021.

Many study consultants say that I will have to withraw the EE profile before filing for student visa However, I have also heard that there is something called Dual Intent, which means I can apply for the student visa keeping my EE profile intact.

I am worried that if I take down my EE profile, since it will be visible to the visa officer that I have recently withrawn my EE profile, the visa officer will feel suspicious that this person has recently taken down the EE and then filed for the student visa . In such a case, it may appear that I am not a bonafide sudent and I am coming to do master's because I have not got a PR directly.

So should I keep or withraw my Express Entry profile before filing for Student Visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have recently got an admit from engineering management in University of Ottawa, and I will soon be applying to SDS student visa.

My issue is that I have an existing express entry profile which I made in september 2021.

Many study consultants say that I will have to withraw the EE profile before filing for student visa However, I have also heard that there is something called Dual Intent, which means I can apply for the student visa keeping my EE profile intact.

I am worried that if I take down my EE profile, since it will be visible to the visa officer that I have recently withrawn my EE profile, the visa officer will feel suspicious that this person has recently taken down the EE and then filed for the student visa . In such a case, it may appear that I am not a bonafide sudent and I am coming to do master's because I have not got a PR directly.

So should I keep or withraw my Express Entry profile before filing for Student Visa?
No issue. Don’t need to withdraw as it is two separate programs with different acceptance criteria.

Reactions: Petroholic