+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa and Express Entry Profile

ashikaverma13

Aug 19, 2018
Hi Forum,

I have a question regarding the matching of data submitted for student visa and express entry profile.

I have already applied for and received the student visa. I am in the process of creating my EE profile. I want to know how much do the authorities match the data submitted in both the applications?

There is a section in the student visa application form which asks for employment history, including the duration. I believe I omitted to include one job which I only had for a couple of months. Can I include the same job in the my EE profile as I have the work ex certificate for it? or will it amount to misrepresentation in case I am showing a job in my EE profile but didn't in the student visa application?

Further, is the work ex period for the PR application counted in the MM/YY format or DD/MM/YY format?

Thanks in advance!

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi Forum,

I have a question regarding the matching of data submitted for student visa and express entry profile.

I have already applied for and received the student visa. I am in the process of creating my EE profile. I want to know how much do the authorities match the data submitted in both the applications?

There is a section in the student visa application form which asks for employment history, including the duration. I believe I omitted to include one job which I only had for a couple of months. Can I include the same job in the my EE profile as I have the work ex certificate for it? or will it amount to misrepresentation in case I am showing a job in my EE profile but didn't in the student visa application?

Further, is the work ex period for the PR application counted in the MM/YY format or DD/MM/YY format?

Thanks in advance!
If you have just received a Student Visa, How come you are applying for Express Entry now?

Talking about CIC, they will definitely match both applications.

If there was an experience which you missed in Student Visa, do not put that in PR application as well.

Work ex is counted as MM/YY

ashikaverma13

Aug 19, 2018
I created my EE profile and while I was in the pool I applied for my student visa. I received the ITA a while before I got the visa.

I recently denied my ITA as I had missed out an important detail and was late in getting documentation.

Are you sure about the MM/YY format? Is there any official info on it?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I created my EE profile and while I was in the pool I applied for my student visa. I received the ITA a while before I got the visa.

I recently denied my ITA as I had missed out an important detail and was late in getting documentation.

Are you sure about the MM/YY format? Is there any official info on it?
The CIC EE and PR applications count MM/YY however when you provide reference letter, that should have complete duration including days/months.

ashikaverma13

Aug 19, 2018
My reference letters have the date of joining and leaving.

However, as per the dd/mm/yy format, I am falling a few days short of 3 years work experience. If I count it as per mm/yy format, I have 37 months.

So, I need to understand what does the visa officers generally considers and how strictly do they count the work experience in years.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
My reference letters have the date of joining and leaving.

However, as per the dd/mm/yy format, I am falling a few days short of 3 years work experience. If I count it as per mm/yy format, I have 37 months.

So, I need to understand what does the visa officers generally considers and how strictly do they count the work experience in years.
I have seen several GCMS notes and in all of them, Case Officers have always considered MM\YY format. So, I am pretty sure you will get 3 years points. To be on safer side, why dont you get 3 years of complete experience and then file your PR application.

ashikaverma13

Aug 19, 2018
I have actually resigned from my current workplace as I am travelling to canada for my MBA soon. Therefore, I might be a few days short of 3 years.

But, if my work ex is considered in mm/yy format, I have nothing to worry about. I am only falling short in case of dd/mm/yy format.

Would you know of anyone else also in the same boat but didn't face any issues?

Also, in an Express entry profile, an applicant only enters his/her work details and based on them the CIC gives them the score, so if my CRS is what an applicant with 3 years work ex should get, I believe they are already counting my experience to be of 3 years, right?

mohinderg

Jun 7, 2024
Hi Forum,

Thanks in advance!
Did you face any problem mentionening that experience in your profile. Please help