+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student restricted from flying with valid visa

qedded

Sep 8, 2024
I’m trying to fly back to Canada from Kenya. I was a student in Canada since January this year and my visa and study permit is still valid and I am enrolled in classes to start on Monday but at the airport in Kenya I was told my visa is restricted and I couldn’t board. What could that mean ? Does anyone know what I can do ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What do you mean - “was a student?” Were you not studying? So you have a valid TRV to enter Canada. Study permit allows you to study, not enter. You will need to contact IRCC and find out why you could not board. Check your IRCC/GCKey account and see if your file was updated and visa cancelled. May explain why. No one here can give you the definitive answer.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’m trying to fly back to Canada from Kenya. I was a student in Canada since January this year and my visa and study permit is still valid and I am enrolled in classes to start on Monday but at the airport in Kenya I was told my visa is restricted and I couldn’t board. What could that mean ? Does anyone know what I can do ?
Do you hold a valid TRV? You must have a valid TRV to be able to board a plane and return.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
“ Was “ a student ? Were you going to school from January , or did you stop going to school, work and now enrolled back in school?

You had posted on another site in regards to an EI claim

https://www.reddit.com/user/ShweetOlive/

Last edited: