+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit granted late

jfpalmero

Oct 28, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this was discussed on a different thread already. I tried searching for a similar case to no avail.

My situation is as follows; I got accepted to a winter program in George Brown College (Jan 8, 2018). I recently had my medical examination here in the Philippines and the institution that tested me required me to do another test because it is "protocol". Having said this, results will show after 9 weeks (Jan 5, 2018). Of course that is only the time my medical results will be sent to CIC, and it will be several weeks again before CIC approves my Study permit or not. Results will come out late already so I might move my studies on May 2018.

Assuming that I am allowed to move to May 2018 classes, and that I was granted a Student permit on January, would it be OK to still go to Canada around January or February and study on May and then just request for a Student Permit extension when it expires? Of course I will inform the embassy/immigration office regarding the situation, but will my study permit be moved if already approved? (Hope I was clear enough)

Thank you in advance to everyone who will take time to respond!