+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student applying for EE

Shantanu Ade

Oct 12, 2021
Hi I am an international student in Canda.
I want to apply for Express entry. I have my IELTS generals and WES evaluation ready.

While applying, should I choose country of my residence as 'Canada' as I am staying here on study permit, or should it be my home courty India?
Also, should I include the details of existing program in Canada as I am yet to complete it?

Any help would be appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I am an international student in Canda.
I want to apply for Express entry. I have my IELTS generals and WES evaluation ready.

While applying, should I choose country of my residence as 'Canada' as I am staying here on study permit, or should it be my home courty India?
Also, should I include the details of existing program in Canada as I am yet to complete it?

Any help would be appreciated
Yes, you should select your country of residence as Canada.

You can't claim any points for your program in Canada since you haven't completed it yet.

Shantanu Ade

Oct 12, 2021
Thanks @scylla.
I have updated my EE profile with country as residence as Canada. Also showed current study, just mentioned it as not completed.

Previously I have applied for EE back in 2017. But haven't got an invite.
So, what should I mention for "Have you applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?"

Also, for 'Field of study' I don't see the specific option for Electronics Engineers. So, I mentioned it as "Computing/IT".
Hope I can keep it the same. Or should I mention Electronics by selecting 'other' option?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks @scylla.
I have updated my EE profile with country as residence as Canada. Also showed current study, just mentioned it as not completed.

Previously I have applied for EE back in 2017. But haven't got an invite.
So, what should I mention for "Have you applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?"

Also, for 'Field of study' I don't see the specific option for Electronics Engineers. So, I mentioned it as "Computing/IT".
Hope I can keep it the same. Or should I mention Electronics by selecting 'other' option?
The answer to the first question is no. You have not previously applied.

I don't know the answer to the second question.