+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strange post interview request

thanhlong1984

Dec 14, 2014
Hi all,

I just want to see if you have any opinion/suggestion/explanation about my wife's case as my wife and I are very confused now. Here is what is written in our ECAS notes:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 10, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 20, 2014.
3. We started processing your application on November 20, 2014.
4. Medical results have been received.
5. We sent you a letter on August 27, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

My wife was interviewed on September 22, 2015 (in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam) and was told to wait for 4 - 6 weeks to hear back from the embassy. Yesterday, she received an email from Singapore embassy (where the PR application was submitted to) and it is its content:

This refers to your application for a permanent resident visa to Canada.

Within 60 days of the birth of your child, please send to this office the following documents:
- a copy of the baby’s birth certificate;
Given that my wife told the interviewer that she is pregnant and expecting a child around March 2016, the request from this email is impossible to satisfy now as she still has 6 more months to go before her delivery.

What do you think? Does it mean our application will be put on hold for the time being? Any recommendations?

Thanks

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanhlong1984 said:
Hi all,

I just want to see if you have any opinion/suggestion/explanation about my wife's case as my wife and I are very confused now. Here is what is written in our ECAS notes:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 10, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 20, 2014.
3. We started processing your application on November 20, 2014.
4. Medical results have been received.
5. We sent you a letter on August 27, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

My wife was interviewed on September 22, 2015 (in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam) and was told to wait for 4 - 6 weeks to hear back from the embassy. Yesterday, she received an email from Singapore embassy (where the PR application was submitted to) and it is its content:

Given that my wife told the interviewer that she is pregnant and expecting a child around March 2016, the request from this email is impossible to satisfy now as she still has 6 more months to go before her delivery.

What do you think? Does it mean our application will be put on hold for the time being? Any recommendations?

Thanks
Reply using the specific inquiry form, explain your situation and ask for further instructions: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
It is probably just a mistake on their part...

thanhlong1984

Dec 14, 2014
Thanks sashali78. I just used the submit form to send the inquiry. Now I have to wait then and hope that I can get a response soon.

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
I don't really know much abt these things.
are you a citizen or PR?cos If you are a PR,it means your child child is a citizen of the country you or your wife are from. I've seen them do it to someone. The wife had to wait for until childbirth and the child's documents were updated to the application before PR was given. Im sorry but if I'm not mistaken. ..the pregnancy may delay her coming over. I hope in wrong. Stay strong brother.

thanhlong1984

Dec 14, 2014
eski said:
I don't really know much abt these things.
are you a citizen or PR?cos If you are a PR,it means your child child is a citizen of the country you or your wife are from. I've seen them do it to someone. The wife had to wait for until childbirth and the child's documents were updated to the application before PR was given. Im sorry but if I'm not mistaken. ..the pregnancy may delay her coming over. I hope in wrong. Stay strong brother.
I am a citizen so I hope I don't have to face the scenario that you mentioned. However, I do want to avoid having her giving birth in Vietnam as I will have to apply for proof of citizenship for my child, which makes it even longer :'( :'( :'(