+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

strange case

sweetlj

Oct 17, 2009
I worked in Tim Horton for a year here in Alberta, Canada, but since I have caregiver certicate way back in the Philippines I applies as a live in caregiver. They gave me two year work as a live in care giver but i am not included in the program. I am currently working as a live in caregiver here in Canada. But I am not under the program so the immigration advice me to resubmit my work permit application outside canada so they can include me in Live-in Caregiver Program. I did resubmit my documents to Buffalo, USA but they require me to personally appear myself an interview. I applied for USA visit visa but they denied me. Please help me I just want to be included in the live in care giver program so that i can be able to get my kids in the Philippines. I need to get them here especially now that the Philippines is experiencing calamity. Please help me.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sweetlj said:
I worked in Tim Horton for a year here in Alberta, Canada, but since I have caregiver certicate way back in the Philippines I applies as a live in caregiver. They gave me two year work as a live in care giver but i am not included in the program. I am currently working as a live in caregiver here in Canada. But I am not under the program so the immigration advice me to resubmit my work permit application outside canada so they can include me in Live-in Caregiver Program. I did resubmit my documents to Buffalo, USA but they require me to personally appear myself an interview. I applied for USA visit visa but they denied me. Please help me I just want to be included in the live in care giver program so that i can be able to get my kids in the Philippines. I need to get them here especially now that the Philippines is experiencing calamity. Please help me.
You would have to re-apply to an office where you can attend an interview, and in your case it would be Manila. The processing time at Manila is 12-18 months. Otherwise at the end of your work permit you go home.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another option would be to try to get a job that is qualified under AINP semi-skilled program, see http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/semiskilledworkers.html and get your employer to sponsor you for PR.