+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still no "Medical Received" on ECAS; Medical done 2 months ago

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
Anyone else having the same issue as I am with regards to ECAS not updating with "Medical Received" despite having done your medicals awhile ago? Here's my timeline:

Category........: PNP
App. Filed.......: 17-Apr-2014
AOR Received.: 23-May-2014
Med's Request: 23-May-2014
Med's Done (Main Applicant): 27-May-2014 (did medical in Canada)
Med's Done (Spouse): 11-Jun-2014 (did medical overseas)
Med's Received: NO UPDATES

I'm very worried coz the 60-day deadline to complete medicals is looming but till date I don't even know whether the medicals have been received! Called the CIC hotline and they said the only way is to email Sydney coz there isn't a phone number I can reach them. I've emailed Sydney last week but no reply, and I've read folks in this forums who never ever receive replies from them.

This is incredibly frustrating!

mas123

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-o
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13march
AOR Received.
15april
Med's Request
15april
Med's Done....
21april
Passport Req..
7 may 2015
traxton said:
Anyone else having the same issue as I am with regards to ECAS not updating with "Medical Received" despite having done your medicals awhile ago? Here's my timeline:

Med's Done (Main Applicant): 27-May-2014 (did medical in
Canada)

I'm very worried coz the 60-day deadline to complete medicals is looming but till date I don't even know whether the medicals have been received! Called the CIC hotline and they said the only way is to email Sydney coz there isn't a phone number I can reach them. I've emailed Sydney last week but no reply, and I've read folks in this forums who never ever receive replies from them.

bro i did my medical on 21 st april and doctor uploaded that on 28 april but still online status dint mention medical received.i email nova scotia i got reply aftet 40 days they says they are waiting for medical receipt from medical office.
Hope this will help u

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
mas123 said:
bro i did my medical on 21 st april and doctor uploaded that on 28 april but still online status dint mention medical received.i email nova scotia i got reply aftet 40 days they says they are waiting for medical receipt from medical office.
Hope this will help u

Does that mean that the clinic you did your medicals with did not send your medical results? Did you contact the clinic to resend your medical results?

mas123

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-o
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13march
AOR Received.
15april
Med's Request
15april
Med's Done....
21april
Passport Req..
7 may 2015
traxton said:
Does that mean that the clinic you did your medicals with did not send your medical results? Did you contact the clinic to resend your medical results?
[/quotthey send my medical on 28th april but i domt what happning is quit frastrating e]

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
traxton said:

Med's Done (Main Applicant): 27-May-2014 (did medical in Canada)

Hi traxton,

Did you follow up with your doctor offices where you and your spouse took medicals? Did they submit your medical reports to IHS (Immigration Health Services)?

Do you and your spouse have the doctor fees receipts that shows you both have finished your medicals on such and such dates? If yes, have you sent a scanned copy to CIC just to let them know that you have taken medical exam within the time frame? If you haven't done yet, do it now.

Since you both have taken medical exam within the 60 days time frame, nothing to worry. Some times the ECAS doesn't really show the exact status. So, just be patient. Good luck.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
We had our medicals completed in Canada, apparently with a doctor who reports the results electronically to Ottawa, on Oct 15, 2013 and they still didn't show up on ECAS until the first week of January 2014.

Your results may still be on their way to being processed.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
traxton said:
Have you ordered GCMS notes for your application recently? It might indicate reception of medicals before ECAS is updated.

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
sarayu said:
Hi traxton,

Did you follow up with your doctor offices where you and your spouse took medicals? Did they submit your medical reports to IHS (Immigration Health Services)?

Do you and your spouse have the doctor fees receipts that shows you both have finished your medicals on such and such dates? If yes, have you sent a scanned copy to CIC just to let them know that you have taken medical exam within the time frame? If you haven't done yet, do it now.

Since you both have taken medical exam within the 60 days time frame, nothing to worry. Some times the ECAS doesn't really show the exact status. So, just be patient. Good luck.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

Yes we have contacted our respective clinics and they have confirmed that the reports have been sent to IHS. I'll wait for the stipulated 20 days past my email date and if no reply by then, I'll send another one with scans of our doctor fee receipts.

hfinkel said:
Have you ordered GCMS notes for your application recently? It might indicate reception of medicals before ECAS is updated.

Thanks for the suggestion, hfinkel. Guess it's good to hear that I'm not alone in having the medicals take forever to be posted as "received" on ECAS. As for the GCMS notes, do you know how long it takes after requesting for it to receive the notes? I'm pretty sure I'll be asking for GCMS notes later on in the application process phase, I don't know whether it is ethical to ask for it often?

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
traxton said:
As for the GCMS notes, do you know how long it takes after requesting for it to receive the notes? I'm pretty sure I'll be asking for GCMS notes later on in the application process phase, I don't know whether it is ethical to ask for it often?
It seems to take a month or two to receive the notes. My first ever request for the notes were made in paper form in writing through the post, sent around April 20th. The notes arrived by email on June 3rd.

It sounds like your need to regularly order GCMS notes has come. Don't be shy about ordering them. You are entitled, under the law.

As for asking often, I am somewhat shameless about asking for them as needed. When my notes arrived on June 3rd, realizing how much time it takes, I immediately order the next notes. The second time, I learned about how to order them online so I did so. I am still waiting for those notes, but not needed as my CoPR letter arrived on Monday.

Here is an old post describing most of what you need to know about how to order them:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/2013-july-application-tracker-to-cio-nova-scotia-t155478.0.html;msg3091605#msg3091605

Good luck!

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
hfinkel said:
It seems to take a month or two to receive the notes. My first ever request for the notes were made in paper form in writing through the post, sent around April 20th. The notes arrived by email on June 3rd.

It sounds like your need to regularly order GCMS notes has come. Don't be shy about ordering them. You are entitled, under the law.

As for asking often, I am somewhat shameless about asking for them as needed. When my notes arrived on June 3rd, realizing how much time it takes, I immediately order the next notes. The second time, I learned about how to order them online so I did so. I am still waiting for those notes, but not needed as my CoPR letter arrived on Monday.

Thank you! I've submitted a request for GCMS notes. I'll probably use your method of asking for a new set of GCMS notes right after I receive one. Gives me a peace of mind in getting regular updates on my application process, as well as keeps them on their toes in processing my application!

sani.

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 spetember 2011
Doc's Request.
additiona documents sent2 times (16 feb 2013 & 13 March 2014)
Nomination.....
20 april 2012
AOR Received.
25 april 2012
IELTS Request
submitted with app and 2nd time 16 feb 2013
File Transfer...
07 june 2012 Ecas showed Application received and now Ecas showed In Process since 6 Feb 2014. And also paid RPRF on 13 march 2014
Med's Request
02 july 2014
Med's Done....
21 july 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08 Aug 2014
VISA ISSUED...
19 Sep 2014
LANDED..........
very soon
traxton said:
Thank you! I've submitted a request for GCMS notes. I'll probably use your method of asking for a new set of GCMS notes right after I receive one. Gives me a peace of mind in getting regular updates on my application process, as well as keeps them on their toes in processing my application!
Hi guys, can u tell that i can apply for gcms notes or not? Bcz i m outside canada. If yes then plz tell me procedure.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
sani. said:
Hi guys, can u tell that i can apply for gcms notes or not? Bcz i m outside canada. If yes then plz tell me procedure.
Yes! You can. See the link I posted above.

There are two different Canadian laws that allow this. Generally, you can choose which of the two you will make your request under.
However if you are outside Canada, you can only pursue the request under ATIA. In this case, it will cost CA$5.

If you know anyone in Canada well, they are allowed to make the request on your behalf. It is unclear to me whether it is possible for someone in Canada making such a request on your behalf is able to make the request under "Privacy Act" which is free.

Good luck in any case!

sani.

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 spetember 2011
Doc's Request.
additiona documents sent2 times (16 feb 2013 & 13 March 2014)
Nomination.....
20 april 2012
AOR Received.
25 april 2012
IELTS Request
submitted with app and 2nd time 16 feb 2013
File Transfer...
07 june 2012 Ecas showed Application received and now Ecas showed In Process since 6 Feb 2014. And also paid RPRF on 13 march 2014
Med's Request
02 july 2014
Med's Done....
21 july 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08 Aug 2014
VISA ISSUED...
19 Sep 2014
LANDED..........
very soon
hfinkel said:
Yes! You can. See the link I posted above.

There are two different Canadian laws that allow this. Generally, you can choose which of the two you will make your request under.
However if you are outside Canada, you can only pursue the request under ATIA. In this case, it will cost CA$5.

If you know anyone in Canada well, they are allowed to make the request on your behalf. It is unclear to me whether it is possible for someone in Canada making such a request on your behalf is able to make the request under "Privacy Act" which is free.

Good luck in any case!
I could not able to find ATIA online process? Or there is any single way to apply regular mail or can apply online as well? Plz tell me in detail. I want to apply but i cant able to apply online.. plz guide me
Thanks in advance

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
sani. said:
I could not able to find ATIA online process? Or there is any single way to apply regular mail or can apply online as well? Plz tell me in detail. I want to apply but i cant able to apply online.. plz guide me
Thanks in advance
You are correct. My bad. I see that you cannot order online from outside Canada.

So either contact someone you know with in Canada. See if they can make a request on your behalf online, with your authorization, through Privacy Act for free.

Otherwise, you'll need to order with a paper form through the mail.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
So here are updated instructions for ordering GCMS notes, from what we learned today:

Instructions on how to order GCMS for your application
Two general methods:
1. Complete a paper form IMM5563E and mail it
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

2. Submit a request on-line:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

If someone else is applying on your behalf using Method 2, you must grant your consent for them to do so using form IMM5744
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

For each of the methods above, there are two different Canadian laws under which these requests are made. The applicant must select which law is to be envoked to pursue your request:

Privacy Act- Requesting notes under this law is free but can be done only by anyone physically present in Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

Access to Information Act (ATIA)- Requesting notes under this law is subject to a CA$5.00 application fee but can be applied for either by
1) someone in Canada or
2) a citizen or permanent resident of Canada who is physically present in Canada on behalf of anyone outside Canada.

If you are outside Canada and you know some inside Canada well enough to order your GCMS notes for you on your behalf, then they MUST do so for you under ATIA for a cost of CA$5.00. In this case, the paper copies of the forms must be completed and mailed on. The online form may not be used. Don't forget to include a completed IMM5744, linked above, with the application in this case.

One other thing- I think I've read elsewhere on this forum or on the net that there are also companies who will order these notes on your behalf for you for a fee. This option would be for anyone who know no one in Canada who can order this for you.

I sincerely hope this helps!