+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still haven't received approval of Study Permit extension

hailanbaoshi

Aug 23, 2015
Hi guys,

I applied for Study Permit extension on Sept 11 by paper, and it originally said that it needed 111 days to process, the updated processing time now is 114 days. So more than 3 months has passed, although there're still some days before it's posted timeline comes, I'm still worried. Both my old Study Permit and visa expire by Dec 31. Although I'm under implied status, I'm still worried, because I also want to apply visa after receiving the extension of Study Permit. Anyone who has a similar situation? Thanks.

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
Re: Still haven't received approcal of Study Permit extension

What CIC wrote was progress rate on year 2014, there's a fine print for that. I applied via online and they said only take 4 weeks. The fact it's been almost 3 months and no response. They were busy welcoming refugees.

hailanbaoshi

Aug 23, 2015
Re: Still haven't received approcal of Study Permit extension

Thanks for sharing. I heard from some of my friends who applied for the extension online in June, they got the approval very fast in summer. But it seems that all processing got so delayed after fall. Without Study Permit, I can't apply for visa for returning to Canada. I'm stuck in Canada now although I want to go to my home country for a short visit.

Anyway, hope we'll share our experiences here ...Thanks.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada does not care about international students. They are busy to care about syrian refugees.

This minster has no concepts about economic. Just want to be show that he is a good person, because he helped refugees..

He just want to get more vote and pay attention from people.