+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still confused. Have currently a job, my papers ready what next?

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
Hi, just to be sure...

I have my CELPIP, criminal records and a job. Next up is to fill out the questionaire for the express entry, right? And then the Apply for Visitor visa, study and/or work permit?

My goal is to get the permanent residency.

Sorry to ask but I really want to make sure I get this one right

Many thanks!

Oh yes, and re LMIA. IO do have a job, we didn't go through the LMIA process. Is it easier now to just apply at the job bank? I do have to take whatever job that I get matched with there then though, right? Or I go through the LMIA with my employer?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It would be better to go through the LMIA process with your employer if you can.

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
ok, can someone please clearify this:

from "Offer of employment – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)"

you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and

you are working for an employer listed on your work permit,
you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job if you are accepted as a permanent resident.
This reads to me like that I don't have to do the LMIA if I am already working here (which I do, on a temp visa)

Also for that job we got an expedited LMO. Shouldn't this count already?

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Farox said:
ok, can someone please clearify this:

from "Offer of employment – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)"

This reads to me like that I don't have to do the LMIA if I am already working here (which I do, on a temp visa)
Did your employer take care of LMIA for temporary foreign worker visa?

If yes, good to go. Update Express entry and you will get 600 points.
If no, request your employer to do a LMIA.

If you are working as TFW, you can get 600 only if your visa is based out of LMIA and your job is permanent, full time and non seasonal.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Farox said:
Also for that job we got an expedited LMO. Shouldn't this count already?
If you already got an LMO for your job, you most likely don't need an LMIA, as long as the same employer is offering you a permanent job now. In other words, you should be eligible for the 600 job offer points right now.

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
Ok, one last one, I hope.

My education is vocational training as Software Developer in Germany. This should be equivalent to a 2 year post degree (from what I understand)

The problem is that I actually "only" got the degree. Under some circumstances one can skip all the training, schooling etc. and directly take the final exam and get the same kind of degree (this is for people that already have many years of experience in the job)

My question is whether I should put the amount of years I actually was studying (0) or what the degree is "worth"/what people normally need to spend getting it?

(And in case anyone speaks german: Fachinformatiker Anwendungsentwickler, per externer Pruefung abgelegt. Wieviele Jahre soll ich angeben?)