+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps for Gift Deed- How to get one?

Joe110

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Hi,

I recently got my ITA and I am seeking to have Gift Deed to meet minimum requirement for POF. I have few questions -

1. How can I receive the money from the person - In Cheque or Bank Transfer ?
2. Would the amount matter ? How much amount can the person give me as a gift deed ?
3. How soon should I get the amount in my account (as I have received the ITA now and in process of e-APR) ? As I read, for Gift Deed, there is no minimum eligibility of 6months for funds so how would this affect in terms of amount deposited to the account ?
4. As a supporting document, I learnt that an affidavit is required where the person signs and the document has to be notarized. Is there any other point that I'm missing in this process?
5. Is there any supporting document required besides Affidavit for the Gift Deed and Gift Deed itself ?
6. Is there any date criteria for the Gift Deed and Affidavit before submitting the ITA ?

Immediate response in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks alot!
Joe

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Hi,

I recently got my ITA and I am seeking to have Gift Deed to meet minimum requirement for POF. I have few questions -

1. How can I receive the money from the person - In Cheque or Bank Transfer ?
2. Would the amount matter ? How much amount can the person give me as a gift deed ?
3. How soon should I get the amount in my account (as I have received the ITA now and in process of e-APR) ? As I read, for Gift Deed, there is no minimum eligibility of 6months for funds so how would this affect in terms of amount deposited to the account ?
4. As a supporting document, I learnt that an affidavit is required where the person signs and the document has to be notarized. Is there any other point that I'm missing in this process?
5. Is there any supporting document required besides Affidavit for the Gift Deed and Gift Deed itself ?
6. Is there any date criteria for the Gift Deed and Affidavit before submitting the ITA ?

Immediate response in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks alot!
Joe
1. Bank Transfer
2 . 100% or whatever amount your family is giving you
3. Anytime before you submit
4. Duly executed gift of deed is required
5. Statement of account showing inflow into your account
6. None that I am aware of

all the best

Reactions: Joe110

Joe110

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
1. Bank Transfer
2 . 100% or whatever amount your family is giving you
3. Anytime before you submit
4. Duly executed gift of deed is required
5. Statement of account showing inflow into your account
6. None that I am aware of

all the best
Thanks for your prompt response @Carmen01

I have follow-up inputs in red -

point #1 - Bank Transfer - any one would do - NEFT or IMPS or GPAY ?
point #5 - Statement of account showing inflow into your account - This will reflect the amount credited to the account so will I have to provide reason for that amount in LOE ? Or Affidavit & Gift Deed will suffice.

Thanks a lot!
Joe

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Thanks for your prompt response @Carmen01

I have follow-up inputs in red -

point #1 - Bank Transfer - any one would do - NEFT or IMPS or GPAY ?
point #5 - Statement of account showing inflow into your account - This will reflect the amount credited to the account so will I have to provide reason for that amount in LOE ? Or Affidavit & Gift Deed will suffice.

Thanks a lot!
Joe
1 . Whatever is obtainable in your country/bank
2. No need for LOE. Your gift deed should state the date your family member made the transfer making it easy for the VO to refer to the transaction on your statement of account.

Joe110

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
I have a another query - this is regarding the Accounts (Savings & Cheque) -

1. Is it mandatory to mention and provide details of ALL the accounts we are holding or only the one primary account that has all the funds ?

2. If we are to show details and statements of other accounts as well, there is possibility that that accounts may not hold the average balance as per IRCC so what to do, what to specify in Bank letter for average balance for last 6 months ?

Quick inputs are highly appreciated!

Best,
Joe

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
I have a another query - this is regarding the Accounts (Savings & Cheque) -

1. Is it mandatory to mention and provide details of ALL the accounts we are holding or only the one primary account that has all the funds ?

2. If we are to show details and statements of other accounts as well, there is possibility that that accounts may not hold the average balance as per IRCC so what to do, what to specify in Bank letter for average balance for last 6 months ?

Quick inputs are highly appreciated!

Best,
Joe
1. Account where your POF is
2. Not needed