+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory questions

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
What is the difference between these two questions: Are they overlapping?

Has xxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has xxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

I was refused a visitor visa in the past, so do I answer Yes to both of these questions?

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
What is the difference between these two questions: Are they overlapping?

Has xxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has xxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

I was refused a visitor visa in the past, so do I answer Yes to both of these questions?
Yes and Yes.
Please mention in LOE, the reason for rejection.

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Thanks for your replied.

They have a box where I have put the reason for answer Yes to those question. Do you think it's still necessary to explain in LOE?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thanks for your replied.

They have a box where I have put the reason for answer Yes to those question. Do you think it's still necessary to explain in LOE?
If you're answering 'Yes' to one of the statutory questions, you should always provide an LOE providing further explanation. You should probably also just go ahead and proactively attach the Schedule A form, as IRCC will probably request it of you.

Last edited:

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
If you're answering 'Yes' to one of the statutory questions, you should always provide an LOE providing further explanation. You should probably also just go ahead and proactively attach the Schedule A form, as IRCC will probably request it of you.
Thanks for your info.

D

Deleted member 981115

I answered 1 question yes for the statutory questions where I had OINP international student stream refusal. Can I submit Schedule A along with my application just to avoid future ADR or delays?