+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status set to expired despite active BWOP application

KEC61

Oct 26, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm facing a serious and unfortunate situation here.

I applied for a work visa extension back in December 2017 backed on my BC PNP Nomination. In addition I applied in January for a BWOP based on my AOR and in case something goes wrong with the first one. My visa expired on 24-01-18.

Today I got the unfortunate news that the BC PNP backed extension got denied. Reasons why are irrelevant but in addition the case officer set my status to expired. That's quite a shock for me because I still have an active BWOP application which I submitted before my visa expired. I just assume now that the case officer wasnt aware of this favt and falsely set my status to expired.

Here's the time line for a better understanding:

17-12-17 Submitted application for a work visa extension with the same employer LMIA exempt backed by BC PNP

22-01-18 7.00 am: Called IRCC and explained my situation. Got the fact confirmed that it is possible to have two visa extension applications active.

22-01-18 Submitted application for BWOP backed on my AOR.

24-01-18 Current visa expired

27-01-18 Application from 17-12-17 refused. In addition status set to expired despite having a active BWOP application.

Now my questions:

1.) Am I right in the assumption that the case officer made an mistake in setting my status to expired?

2.) What are my steps if it is an mistake? Is there any chance to solve this over phone?

3.) I assume I'm not allowed to work despite the obvious mistake (if it is one)

Best regards

K