+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statement Requirement

Sarmad.abbasi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
I have heard that 3 months Bank statement is required for the proof of funds to apply for student visa.Can I apply with a one month statement in hand of the required balance?

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They require atlest 4-6 month bank statement-Just follow instructions.

Well if you are a strong man/woman then pls go ahead.I wish you well.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A BIG NO!

A bank draft is not a bank statement ok.If you go this way you shall fail

Sarmad.abbasi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Same information is available on the Canadian Website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp

Following is the information available and it clearly says that it can be in the form of Bank draft.

3. Proof of financial support

You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:

proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;
your bank statements for the past four months;
a bank draft in convertible currency;
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and
proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.

Pls comment !!

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am posting from a professional perspective ok.

Fine if you insist then INSHALLAH..........................all the best

Sarmad.abbasi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Thanks Habil.

But suggest me should I follow a Professional perspective or something that is available on Canadian official website?

Please if any one else want to comment. It will really help me out..

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bank statement shows existence of money over time.And a sure way of reflecting cash.
Bank draft shows the existence of money at that particular time and not reflected in any account.

In the event you encounter some problems there,they normally reach out to your sponsors and next of kin you may have mentioned in B.S.

Anyway,what you feel is the best..........

Sarmad.abbasi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Thanks man.

I have three options...

To apply with one month Bank statement
Wait for 3 more months and maintain the balance
Issue a Bank Draft of the required amount

I believe third one is the best available option for me !

Lets just hope for the best !!!!!

mdalkhen

Nov 19, 2010
the 3 months that required this for who do not have bank account at all or if there is some one have bank account from more than year a go but the money in this account is in and out so should i make it stable for the last 3 months or it is Ok if i show them the full amount stable for the last month
thanks

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Why are you going through such hassle to convert your money to draft? Just show 4+ months of bank statement. Draft is generally applicable when like someone pays you a big amount of money by draft and you don't have the time to cash/deposit it and in such scenario, you can show draft.

Sarmad.abbasi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
I have just opened the account so I can only show a statement amount for one month and then wait for 3 months. So what should I do then. Should I wait for 3 months or issue a B ank draft?

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Sarmad.abbasi said:
I have just opened the account so I can only show a statement amount for one month and then wait for 3 months. So what should I do then. Should I wait for 3 months or issue a B ank draft?
If you show bank statement under your name, you have to show how you got that money (salary statement, job certificate, tax file, etc). If you have taken the money from someone else, you could have made him/her your sponsor. You are just making things complex. I think you should wait for someone who got experience in such scenario to assist you. Financial matter is the most crucial part in visa application and everyone tries to make it as straight forward as possible.