+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statement of Travel Records

allan77w

Aug 3, 2011
Hi,

I currently apply for the PR card renewal, but I got an email from CIC, says they need "Statement of Travel Records issued by the Immigration Department for The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative region".
I am living in Canada right now, not sure why they are asking for this document. And how can I get this statment while I am in Canada?
Any other solution? Please help, thank you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you can send them a email (enquiry @ immd.gov.hk) or call them at (852) 2824 6111.

CIC probably wants to verify some travel records.

allan77w

Aug 3, 2011
Since it has 180 days to achieve their request. I am going to wait for my Novemeber trip, so I can get the travel records in person.
Although my PR card is already expired. I think, I hope i wont have any trouble to come back to canada, as Hong Kong passport is visa exemption. Right? and I can show the Officer the online status on my PR card renewal is in process, right? Please advise, thnak you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can return to Canada on the strength of your HK passport.

allan77w

Aug 3, 2011
Thank you. However, still cant believe they will ask for my travel record.
Living in Canada with my wife and son more than two years.
Already sent them every single pages of my HK passport and notice of assessment...has a stable job for the past two years.

They should know I am in Canada and it will be so difficult to get this document in here.

My wife and I apply the renewal together, didnt ask for travel document on my wife's application, why it's me!!!

Can I call CIC and negotiate with them???