+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Started a new job - needs some clarification on including it in my Express Entry profile

bp8492

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hi, I recently joined a new company in Toronto to work in the same NOC classification as my previous job, also located in Toronto. I worked for over 1 year in my last job, and I already got my letter of reference stating all the necessary details (start/end date, duties, annual salary, work hours per week, full-time, and so on), which means that I can put this on my profile.

However, I've only been in my present job for less than 1 month. I assume that I need to include it as well on my profile.
But as for the proof of employment, what kind of documentation do I need in this case? Do I need a reference letter that states my duties as well, even if I've only worked for less than 1 month in my current job?

Thanks in advance

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, I recently joined a new company in Toronto to work in the same NOC classification as my previous job, also located in Toronto. I worked for over 1 year in my last job, and I already got my letter of reference stating all the necessary details (start/end date, duties, annual salary, work hours per week, full-time, and so on), which means that I can put this on my profile.

However, I've only been in my present job for less than 1 month. I assume that I need to include it as well on my profile.
But as for the proof of employment, what kind of documentation do I need in this case? Do I need a reference letter that states my duties as well, even if I've only worked for less than 1 month in my current job?

Thanks in advance
Yes you do. You can include your offer letter, contract.

Reactions: bp8492