+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Start-Up Visa For USA Asylum Applicants

versvy1409

Jan 23, 2022
Hello everyone,

Currently I reside in the USA as an asylum applicant. Still waiting for the first interview (already several years), so there is no decision on my case yet (but I have a working permit etc). I have a small e-commerce business, and I already contacted one Canada incubator, and they seem to be interested in my project.

My question is: can I potentially immigrate to Canada under the Start-Up Visa program, considering my current status in the USA?
As I know in my status I can't apply for a visitor/student visa to Canada, but maybe it's possible under the Start-Up Visa program?
Maybe someone has done it in the past and can share their experience?

We will be grateful for your opinion and advice.

Thank you,
Kateryna

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hello everyone,

Currently I reside in the USA as an asylum applicant. Still waiting for the first interview (already several years), so there is no decision on my case yet (but I have a working permit etc). I have a small e-commerce business, and I already contacted one Canada incubator, and they seem to be interested in my project.

My question is: can I potentially immigrate to Canada under the Start-Up Visa program, considering my current status in the USA?
As I know in my status I can't apply for a visitor/student visa to Canada, but maybe it's possible under the Start-Up Visa program?

Thank you,
Kateryna
Hey Kateryna,

You could absolutely apply for the SUV program in Canada. If you get accepted into the program and receive the letter of support, you'll even be able to obtain the work permit.

Just a side note, there are so many frauds currently popping up in the market so make sure your incubator is one of the designated one by the Canadian government. If you were in touch with one of these, you're in the right direction: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/designated-organizations.html

Good luck for your journey.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

Thank you,
Kateryna
You can apply under any Canadian immigration program (including the Start Up visa program). Your status in the US is not a barrier to applying for PR. Just make sure you're 100% honest about your status and history in the PR application to Canada.