+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sr. Manager, IT 15+ yrs. experience - looking to immigrate to Canada.

canadaimgr_1

Nov 10, 2014
Hi folks,

I'm a newbie in this forum, and recently decided that I'll immigrate to Canada. I've got 15+ yrs. in IT domain working a established software product company in India. Just read that EE is going to be effective from Jan 1, 2015 -- and from what I've understood reading the forum posts is that it possibly puts all of us in a good position to secure a job before landing into Canada else you run into the risk of not having a job for some period (when you're along with your family/kids).

Do you think, it would really help senior software managers to easily migrate to this country given the new policies set by Canadian government? Will employers be willing to wait for the period until the PR is granted, or we can get a work permit and start working and apply from PR from within Canada?

Looking forward to inputs from the experienced folks.

Thanks!

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a job offer before applying through express entry then it would help you in processing the PR. Please check if you can get a job offer in your field.

canadaimgr_1

Nov 10, 2014
No, I don't have a job offer in hand at the moment. Will the EE system not help employers short-list potential candidates from the pool, and offer them jobs if they match the requirements? How much sought after are the jobs for senior IT professionals in Canada at the moment i.e. will more experience help bubble up in the talent pool or everything will be decided by your overall points?

Having a job offer would surely expedite the PR process, but how important this would be now that EE is going to be effective very soon?

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi canadaimgr_1,
Getting a job offer before applying for EE is very hard. There is a below 5% (in my opinion). No one will search an IT employee outside of Canada and wait at least 6 month for the whole process to finish. Maybe in other fields such as engineering they will wait for you , but IT is IT my friend. I am an IT consultant too.

From what I have read regarding EE is that it will make the whole process easier and safer for both sides , immigrant and CIC. We will open a profile in job bank of Canada and if we are highly rated , skilled , experienced and lucky we get selected. The process for most of us maybe will be harder in the sense that less of us will be chosen but the people which will be chosen will have a job offer secured. In the meantime please have a look on Australia's system which is almost the same and they "import" a lot of immigrant every year.

If someone knows how to secure a job from outside of Canada , please speak but as I have read in the forum , there are only a few of us who had success following that way.

amit.synergy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7th November 2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER - 5th March 2015
AOR Received.
AOR - 15th April 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
-------
Med's Request
19th May 2015
Med's Done....
28th May 2015
Interview........
TLU on 9th June 2015
Passport Req..
30th September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th October 2015
LANDED..........
February 2016
Dear canadaimgr_1,

Yes EE is safe for immigrants. Some employer will show interest in your profile and than you will be invited for sending your file. But the question is when that employer will come? May be in a couple of weeks, months or may not for years. Also with EE the doors will be opened only for the selected people and not for all. 15+ year experience or good college in India doesn't mean anything when you are standing in the soil of Canada. What matters is the Experience in Canada or instead of "What I am?" "What can I do?" matters.

I'll suggest you to send your application now as you (I believe) will be eligible to send an EOI in EE. And as your file is already in process you will save a lots of time and will reach there with a job in hand as employers will also prefer to the people available early. Check your NOC Code and see the condition of cap, and send your application.

canadaimgr_1

Nov 10, 2014
Thanks you all for your replies folks, appreciate the time you're putting in for helping with my queries.

Looking at the ~ 2.5 L immigrants which Canada intends to "import" in 2015 it does sound like skilled labour is in good demand right now and EE will help filter out the cream from the talent pool -- so probably now more of us in that category would be lucky to get a job before landing in Canada. This is my hope, not sure how things will turn up in reality when you put in your EE application with CIC. And, then since there is no cap now - you can probably wait until you actually get a job before flying off (I think EE application remains in the system for 1 yr.).

I'm also thinking of hiring consultancy services to enable me with this process, any good ones in India which folks have tried and tested and found them to be professional and transparent in their operations?

If anyone has any experience of securing a job before getting a PR would love to hear his/her story, so that others can get ideas/motivation to do the same and mitigate any risks involved in being without jobs for an uncertain amount of time in the foreign land.

canadaimgr_1

Nov 10, 2014
From CIC website (for some reason, I can't have links in in the posting):

Step 1: Express Entry profile

Potential candidates will submit an online Express Entry profile.
They will be assessed according to a skills based ranking system that looks at:
Language proficiency
Education
Canadian work experience
Other factors that lead to success in Canada

At this stage, skills will be self-declared based on appropriate test results. Candidates who meet the criteria of one of the federal economic immigration programs subject to Express Entry will be placed in the Express Entry pool Candidates will need to promote themselves:

Registration with Job Bank will be required
They will be encouraged to signal their presence in the Express Entry pool to recruiters, on private sector job boards etc.

Step 2: Invitation to Apply (ITA)

When an employer offers a job to a candidate:

They will quickly be offered an ITA for permanent residence (PR);
Express Entry candidates will benefit from processing times of six months or lessFootnote 2.
Candidates with an ITA will have 60 days to apply for permanent residence through one of four existing economic immigration programs:
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Applicants will need to meet the criteria set out in the immigration program which applies to them

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaimgr_1 said:
Thanks you all for your replies folks, appreciate the time you're putting in for helping with my queries.

Looking at the ~ 2.5 L immigrants which Canada intends to "import" in 2015 it does sound like skilled labour is in good demand right now and EE will help filter out the cream from the talent pool -- so probably now more of us in that category would be lucky to get a job before landing in Canada. This is my hope, not sure how things will turn up in reality when you put in your EE application with CIC. And, then since there is no cap now - you can probably wait until you actually get a job before flying off (I think EE application remains in the system for 1 yr.).

I'm also thinking of hiring consultancy services to enable me with this process, any good ones in India which folks have tried and tested and found them to be professional and transparent in their operations?

If anyone has any experience of securing a job before getting a PR would love to hear his/her story, so that others can get ideas/motivation to do the same and mitigate any risks involved in being without jobs for an uncertain amount of time in the foreign land.
I have limited exposure to Canadian job market, however locals here are saying that it will not be very easy to get jobs. Skilled jobs of ~2.5 L includes skills like Plumbing, cooks etc. As work culture in Canada is different from India, so companies will likely prefer Canadian Experience, specially at senior level. Because of uncertainty in EE, I suggest you to apply now, if you are eligible.